• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    I must owe you an apology then, Bryn, because my memory for new faces can't be what it once was, and I ended up talking to Anthony Pay, the clarinet player, and sat beside him, thinking him to be yourself! The audience - the largest thus far in the concert series, we learned afterwards - was largely made up of Daryl's nearest and closest friends, with whom, inevitably one ends up catching up on news. Anyway, I can only second your positive take on the concert, and hope & trust you're happy with the result of the recording.
    Now there's a coincidence, if you like. Immediately after the perfromance, who should walk up to Carole FIner and I but another clarinetist, Ian Mitchell. His new double CD album (it was intened to be a single disc but the content overran a little) has a wide range of styles of composition. Well worth seeking out:

Last edited by Bryn; 02-11-18, 10:44. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      A very fine concert. Daryl kindly allowed me to use my little Zoom H2n to record i, the forward and backward facing microphone capsules proving very useful, since the double bass's speaker (it was an electric double bass) was in front of the recorder and the speaker for the electronic music and voice components came from a speker placed up behind it. In adition to the inforative programme notes, Daryl also provided copies of the score of the fully composed sonata which was the second item on the agenda. We also got a most enjoyable song as an encore. Carole Finer, who attended with me, hopes to get Daryl on her Resonance FM "Sound Out" programme before too long. On her show today, broadcast an hour or so after the Borough New Music concert, her guest was trombonist Alan Tomlinson.
      Just had an email from Daryl, alerting me to the fact that he has uploaded to Youtube three videos edited from the concert:

Daryl Runswick live at Borough New Music, London, 23rd October 2018. Improvised pyramid scafra played on his NS Design Omni Bass.Camera: Hollie HardingSound ...

Daryl Runswick plays his NS Design Omni Bass live in concert at Borough New Music, London, 23rd October 2018.Camera: Hollie HardingSound recording; Bryn Harr...

Daryl Runswick plays his NS Design Omni Bass at Borough New Music, London, on 23rd October 2018. Improvised with electronics.Camera: Hollie HardingSound reco...

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Huge thanks Bryn: both for recording the concert and for these links. It's great having further access to these pieces, and I can attest that the quality is every bit as good as on the day.

Comment

Working...
        X