X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richardfinegold
    • Sep 2012

Quboz in the States?

So I purchased Audirvana Plus today after using the free trial (see the NAS folder). It asked me if I wanted a free 3 month Quobuz trial. Quobuz was supposed to be released here in the summer but I just read an update a few days ago saying it would be "sometime in the Fall" . Anyway I clicked the link and after registering --and never being asked where I reside or any credit card info--I got the Home Page --in French. I thought I'll try to navigate and after a few screen clicks it changed to English and appears to be playing, although since I've temporarily removed the laptop from the audio system I can't tell on the Computer speakers if it's full res or 320. Anyway, very cool.
    I tried to click on the Brahms/Tapiola Sinfonietta cycle that Jane has been advocating, but it wasn't listed under Venzago offerings. I had listened to the Second yesterday in my car on Apple Music. Can anyone tell me if it's offered on your side of the pond?
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
    So I purchased Audirvana Plus today after using the free trial (see the NAS folder). It asked me if I wanted a free 3 month Quobuz trial. Quobuz was supposed to be released here in the summer but I just read an update a few days ago saying it would be "sometime in the Fall" . Anyway I clicked the link and after registering --and never being asked where I reside or any credit card info--I got the Home Page --in French. I thought I'll try to navigate and after a few screen clicks it changed to English and appears to be playing, although since I've temporarily removed the laptop from the audio system I can't tell on the Computer speakers if it's full res or 320. Anyway, very cool.
    I tried to click on the Brahms/Tapiola Sinfonietta cycle that Jane has been advocating, but it wasn't listed under Venzago offerings. I had listened to the Second yesterday in my car on Apple Music. Can anyone tell me if it's offered on your side of the pond?
    Looks like the US lauch is scheduled for September/October this year.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
      Yes it is - a search "Tapiola Brahms" brought up the full album in HiRes audio. Sorry!

Thanks for flagging it though - looking forward to hearing the Serenades in particular....
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Is Audirvana “simply” a way of getting high SQ, or does it provide catalogue and index and search features as well - with some similarities (or not) to iTunes? I have BitPerfect which arguably improves SQ, though I hardly use it.

Comment

• richardfinegold
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
          Is Audirvana “simply” a way of getting high SQ, or does it provide catalogue and index and search features as well - with some similarities (or not) to iTunes? I have BitPerfect which arguably improves SQ, though I hardly use it.
          It’s primarily for sq. It does have some indexing and search features that I would describe as one step up from iTunes

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
            Yes it has those, and they work very well.
            With Qobuz you also have Discover, a page for frequently updated New Releases, and an excellent search engine for following your interests.... find what you want and add it to favourites... I've found the functionality quick, efficient and visually attractive. I've made a few surprising discoveries this way e.g. the Rozhdestvensky Schnittke 5th Symphony...

Comment

Working...
            X