• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseph K
    Banned
    • Oct 2017

Jonathan Harvey - String Quartet No. 4

From what I recall, the last movement of this is rather lovely.

Comment

• pastoralguy
      • Nov 2010

Arthur Benjamin. Violin Concerto.

Lorraine McAslan, violin

The Royal Scottish National Orchestra conducted by John Gibbons. Dutton label.

Interesting and well crafted music but, alas, not terribly memorable. (IMHO!)

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Couperin: L'Aret de toucher le clavecin + Premier Livre de Pieces de clavecin (Carole Cerasi) whichwas deivered half an hour ago.

Comment

• Stanfordian
          • Dec 2010

Schumann
          Cello Concerto
          Symphony No. 2
          Jan Vogler (baroque cello)
          Dresden Festival Orchestra / Ivor Bolton
          Recorded 2016 Lukaskirche, Dresden
          Sony Classics - On period instruments

‘Deux’
          Poulenc

Violin Sonata
          Delibes
          Waltz from Coppélia (1870, arr. solo piano, Ernst Dohnányi, 1925)
          Bartok
          Violin Sonata No. 2
          Ravel
          Tzigane
          Patricia Kopatchinskaja (violin) & Polina Leschenko (piano)
          Recorded 2017 MC2, Maison de la Culture de Grenoble
          Alpha Classics

Comment

• pastoralguy
            • Nov 2010

Beethoven. Violin Concerto

Isaac Stern, violin

The New York Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Leonard Bernstein.

My best friend has given me the SONY Bernstein Big Box for Christmas and so this is a re-mastered version. Very fine recording indeed.

Comment

• Joseph K
              Banned
              • Oct 2017

A nice performance of Ravel's string quartet currently on R3.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                Banned
                • Jul 2011

Mix it Up....

Reich
                Music for a Large Ensemble. ECM CD.
                Nono a carlo scarpa, architetto ai suoi infiniti possibili. SWRSO/Gielen. Naive CD
                Haydn ​Symphony No.65. OAE/Bruggen. PHILIPS CD.
                Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 20-12-18, 16:58.

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                  Mix it Up....

Reich
                  Music for a Large Ensemble. ECM CD.
                  [
                  Do you happen to know if there is a recording using the original version of the score available? I used to have it on cassette from a Radio 3 broadcast, but that is no longer extant.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

This recent concert with Terry Riley and Gloria Cheng:

Comment

• Joseph K
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2017

Mitsuko Uchida plays Mozart Sonatas 545, 570, 576, 533, 494

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                        • Aug 2015

2018 - Part 1

1. Alexander Kastalsky - X. Triple Litany
                        Memory Eternal to the Fallen Heroes
                        The Clarion Choir

Provided to YouTube by NAXOS of AmericaMemory Eternal to the Fallen Heroes: X. Triple Litany · Protodeacon Leonid RoschkoKastalsky: Memory Eternal℗ 2018 Naxo...

2. Leonard Bernstein - 3 Dance Episodes from On the Town: No. 2, Lonely Town
                        The Complete Naxos Recordings
                        Marin Alsop/Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra

Provided to YouTube by NAXOS of America3 Dance Episodes from On the Town: No. 2, Lonely Town · Bournemouth Symphony OrchestraBernstein: Marin Alsop's Complet...

3. J.S. Bach: Organ Sonata No. 4, BWV 528 - 2. Andante (Adagio) (Transcr. by August Stradal)
                        Víkingur Ólafsson

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupJ.S. Bach: Organ Sonata No. 4, BWV 528: II. Andante [Adagio] (Transcr. by August Stradal) · Víkingur Ólafsson · J...

4. Anna Thorvaldsdottir - Aequilibria
                        Aequa
                        International Contemporary Ensemble

Provided to YouTube by NAXOS of AmericaAequilibria · International Contemporary EnsembleAEQUA℗ 2018 Sono LuminusReleased on: 2018-11-16Ensemble: Internationa...

5. Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky : Symphony No 6 : Pathétique
                        Teodor Currentzis/MusicAeterna

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

--------------------------------------------------------------

6. John Adams - Batter my Heart
                        Doctor Atomic
                        Gerard Finley, BBC Symphony Orchestra and BBC Singers

John Adams's Doctor Atomic: Act I, Scene 3: "Batter my heart," from the Nonesuch Records album, out now: https://johnadams.lnk.to/doctoratomicDoctor Atomic f...

7. Georgios Poniridis - Wind Quintet: I. Maestoso - Andantino - Maestoso
                        Greek Wind Quartets
                        Aeolos Woodwind Quintet

Provided to YouTube by NAXOS of AmericaWind Quintet: I. Maestoso - Andantino - Maestoso · Aeolos Woodwind QuintetGreek Wind Quintets℗ 2018 NaxosReleased on: ...

8. Guillaume Dufay - O Proles Hispanie - O Sidus Hispanie
                        Impermanence
                        Lorelei Ensemble

Provided to YouTube by NAXOS of AmericaO proles Hispanie - O sidus Hispanie · Lorelei EnsembleImpermanence℗ 2018 Sono LuminusReleased on: 2018-09-28Ensemble:...

9. Ólafur Arnalds - unfold
                        re-member

Unfold is the second single from my upcoming album “re:member", released on 24th of August. Pre-order the album: https://MKX.lnk.to/OAPOID Directed by Thora ...

10. Franz Liszt - Solemn March to the Holy Grail from Wagner's Parsifal, S 450 (Transcription for Piano)
                        Life
                        Igor Levit

Provided to YouTube by Sony ClassicalSolemn March to the Holy Grail from Parsifal, S 450 (Transcription for Piano) · Igor Levit · Richard WagnerLife℗ 2018 So...
                        Last edited by Lat-Literal; 20-12-18, 23:01.

Comment

• visualnickmos
                          • Nov 2010

This is all very well, but it seems that the title of the thread is no longer accurate; dipping into Youtube is not the same as dipping into one's own music library, that has been thougtfully selected and built up over time. I feel the spirit of this thread has somewhat diminished.

Am I a luddite 'romantic?' Quite possibly.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                            • Aug 2015

2018 - Part 2

George Antheil - Violin Sonatina: II. Andante
                            Specter
                            Duo Odeon

Provided to YouTube by NAXOS of AmericaViolin Sonatina: II. Andante · Duo OdéonSpecter: The Music of George Antheil℗ 2018 Sono LuminusReleased on: 2018-06-22...

Gabriel Faure - Barcarolle No. 11 in G Minor, Op. 105
                            13 Barcarolles
                            Michael Endres

Provided to YouTube by NAXOS of AmericaBarcarolle No. 11 in G Minor, Op. 105 · Michael EndresFauré: 13 Barcarolles℗ 2018 Oehms ClassicsReleased on: 2018-04-0...

Philip Glass - Piece in the Shape of a Square (Arr. C. Morris for Trumpet)
                            3 Pieces in the Shape of a Square
                            Chris Morris

Provided to YouTube by NAXOS of AmericaPiece in the Shape of a Square (Arr. C. Morris for Trumpet) · Craig MorrisGlass: 3 Pieces in the Shape of a Square℗ 20...

Edvard Grieg - Lyric Pieces, Op. 47: II. Album Leaf
                            Reminiscences
                            Ana Glig

Provided to YouTube by CDBabyLyric Pieces, Op. 47: II. Album Leaf · Ana GligReminiscences℗ 2018 Ana Glig, PianoReleased on: 2018-10-15Auto-generated by YouTube.

Chen Yi - Fiddle Suite: I. Singing (for Erhu)
                            Concertos for String Instruments
                            Chen Yi, Gil Rose, Wang Guowei and Boston Modern Orchestra Project

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesFiddle Suite: I. Singing (for Erhu) · Boston Modern Orchestra Project · Chen Yi · Gil Rose · Wang GuoweiChen Yi...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carl Ruggles - Sun-treader
                            Harbison, Ruggles & Stucky: Orchestral Works
                            David Alan Miller/National Orchestral Institute Philharmonic

Provided to YouTube by NAXOS of AmericaSun-treader · National Orchestral Institute PhilharmonicHarbison, Ruggles & Stucky: Orchestral Works℗ 2018 NaxosReleas...

George Butterworth - A Shropshire Lad: I. "Loveliest of Trees"
                            Requiem: The Pity of War
                            Ian Bostridge and Antonio Pappano

Provided to YouTube by Warner ClassicsA Shropshire Lad: I. Loveliest of Trees · Ian Bostridge · Antonio PappanoRequiem: The Pity of War℗ 2018 Parlophone Reco...

Arthur Lourie - Nocturne
                            Piano Works
                            Christian Erny

Provided to YouTube by NAXOS of AmericaNocturne · Christian ErnyLourié: Piano Works℗ 2018 Ars ProduktionReleased on: 2018-07-20Artist: Christian ErnyComposer...

Conall Gleeson - Solace
                            New Note Orchestra/Angus Cameron

New Note Orchestra collaborated with artist and composer Conall Gleeson to create a unique 30 minute score titled ‘Solace’. Alongside this new score, Angus C...

Sergei Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor, Op. 18 - 1. Moderato
                            Destination Rachmaninov: Departure
                            Daniil Trifonov/The Philadelphia Orchestra/Yannick Nézet-Séguin

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupRachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor, Op. 18: I. Moderato · Daniil Trifonov · The Philadelphia Orchestra...
                            Last edited by Lat-Literal; 20-12-18, 23:45.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                              Ex-member
                              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
                              This is all very well, but it seems that the title of the thread is no longer accurate; dipping into Youtube is not the same as dipping into one's own music library, that has been thougtfully selected and built up over time. I feel the spirit of this thread has somewhat diminished.

Am I a luddite 'romantic?' Quite possibly.
                              I'm kinda with you on this, but we must chasten ourself with the knowledge that the original thread was concerned with what R3 programme are we listening to now, if I'm not wrong, as I sometimes am.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                                • Aug 2015

The last two posts of comment have nothing to do with listening.

I am listening to what I am posting and regret the negative tone which is at best cantankerous.

Comment

Working...
                                X