• Show
Clear All
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

RVW piano music at Schott Music London

Friday, February 17, 2017
    6:15pm 7:15pm
    Schott Music
    Recital to launch new CD. Rebeca will perform with Mark Bebbington at the launch event at Schott Music London for the release of the Complete Piano Music of Vaughan Williams.

My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Thanks Pianorak. RVW is said not to have liked the piano, though his writing for the instrument in his piano concerto is admired in many quarters, so this should be interesting, and I might just pop along - it's just along the pavement from Harold Moore's well-stocked record shop, one of the few worthwhile remaining browsing sites in the world.

Comment

• richardfinegold
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Thanks Pianorak. RVW is said not to have liked the piano, though his writing for the instrument in his piano concerto is admired in many quarters, so this should be interesting, and I might just pop along - it's just along the pavement from Harold Moore's well-stocked record shop, one of the few worthwhile remaining browsing sites in the world.
      I love Harold Moores. Please keep the place alive until my next London visit.
      By coincidence I was just listening to RVW PC. I really enjoyed it ( not my first hearing but the first in perhaps 2 decades). It reminded me a bit of the Brahms Second PC, in that the Piano is an obligatto support of the Orchestra in what almost sounds like the Composer 10th Symphony

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

I too will try to get along, and wish Rebeca and Mark the best of luck with the piano(s) there which are not always to be found in the finest fettle. Worth their also having a set of hex keys handy to tighten up the bolts on the piano stool(s) which are often both wobbly and squeaky. I do rather like the venue though, and the staff behind the counter.

Comment

Working...
        X