X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pastoralguy
    • Nov 2010

Stanislav Skrowaczewski...

I've just seen a post from the a Minnesota Orchestra that says that Meastro Skrowaczewki had a stroke on Sunday and was operated on. His family say he's doing well.

Get well soon, Meastro.
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
    I've just seen a post from the a Minnesota Orchestra that says that Meastro Skrowaczewki had a stroke on Sunday and was operated on. His family say he's doing well.

Get well soon, Meastro.
    Oh crumbs Big positive wishes that he'll be back for some more brilliant Bruckner soon
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Oh crumbs Big positive wishes that he'll be back for some more brilliant Bruckner soon
      - I have to say that pasty's post came as a relief after I'd seen the Thread title and jumped to a wrong conclusion.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        - I have to say that pasty's post came as a relief after I'd seen the Thread title and jumped to a wrong conclusion.
        Same here....

"...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• ahinton
          • Nov 2010

...and here!...

Comment

• vibratoforever
            • Jul 2012

Very sad news.

Despite many health issues and great age, he has continued to conduct some inspiring concerts, available as videos on the net or through live radio streams, as well as the recent LPO Bruckner cds.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
              Gone fishin'
              • Sep 2011

For Today (Thurs, 17th Nov 2016) ONLY Europadisc has a 25% off selected titles from the Oehms Classics label - including the 28 CD set of Skrowaczewski's recordings at a snip under £60 for the box of complete symphony cycles by Beethoven, Schumann, Brahms, Bruckner and various other works. The individual cycles are also available separately under the offer, as are individual CDs from each cycle.

The offer runs out at midnight tonight, so it will be an immediate decision/commitment:

Europadisc are a leading supplier of recorded classical, opera and chamber music on CD, DVD, SACD and Blu-ray. Worldwide shipping and titles ready for despatch.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                For Today (Thurs, 17th Nov 2016) ONLY Europadisc has a 25% off selected titles from the Oehms Classics label - including the 28 CD set of Skrowaczewski's recordings at a snip under £60 for the box of complete symphony cycles by Beethoven, Schumann, Brahms, Bruckner and various other works. The individual cycles are also available separately under the offer, as are individual CDs from each cycle.

The offer runs out at midnight tonight, so it will be an immediate decision/commitment:

http://www.europadisc.co.uk/offer/20...ehms,0,637.htm
                Not that much of a bargain. I bought the set a couple of years ago for around two thirds of today's Europadisc asking price. I was briefly tempted by the Martinu julietta listed there, until I discovered it was sung in a German translation.

Comment

Working...
                X