X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tetrachord
    • Apr 2016

Muti in Rehearsal

I found this today and it's obviously at least two decades old; Riccardo Muti in rehearsal with Debussy's "La Mer". It doesn't tell which orchestra but what is striking in this extract is Muti's wonderful singing-voice and wonderful pitch. He sings the passage using solfege so that the orchestra knows exactly how it should be played - this is at around 3'30" onwards! Oh, he's such a gorgeous hunk!! And with more charm than the law allows!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Keraulophone
    • Nov 2010

Muti continues here, briefly, with the same orchestra, playing rather better than in the link above:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

His detractors say he is famously tyrannical, but is playing to the cameras here: 'More and more I less believe in what the conductors can do'. Really?

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Tetrachord View Post
      Oh, he's such a gorgeous hunk!!
      I harbour an irreverent fascination with his hair - must be the most immaculately and expensively scissored barnet in the business

Comment

• Tetrachord
        • Apr 2016

Muti breeds good lookers too. Here is his daughter, Chiara, in the first minutes of this film with his son-in-law David Fray (who often looks constipated in this early extract)!!

Comment

Working...
        X