"Does your chewing gum...?" (macabre Ligeti)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeMartinPecheur
    • Apr 2007

"Does your chewing gum...?" (macabre Ligeti)

Thought about posting this on the Favourite Jokes thread. Hope this tickles your fancy

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!
  • Alain Maréchal
    • Dec 2010

The Eco version: saves the cost of a conductor.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Alain Maréchal View Post
      The Eco version: saves the cost of a conductor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFFpzip-SZk
      More like BOGOF, surely? Babs not only noted as a soprano, but also as a conductor.

Comment

• MickyD
        • Nov 2010

Oh blast, now I'll be humming that all day.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
          Ex-member
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
          Oh blast, now I'll be humming that all day.

Comment

• Petrushka
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
            Thought about posting this on the Favourite Jokes thread. Hope this tickles your fancy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmCmrZfybPQ
            Thanks for putting this up. I was present at this performance and it was just wonderful.
            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
              Thanks for putting this up. I was present at this performance and it was just wonderful.
              I was there too, Pet. From my slightly restricted view seat I couldn't see all of the Shehannigans,so this will be great to see.
              Thanks to LMP for posting.

What a great number of hits this video has had. Surprising, given that more recent music isn't good box office.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                What a great number of hits this video has had. Surprising, given that more recent music isn't good box office.
                What was found during Rattle's CBSO years was that people trusted him. If he performed new music then it was worth listening to and I think that this holds true today. London is in for an exciting ride if Birmingham is any guide.
                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Simon B
                  • Dec 2010

Generally, reading YouTube comments is the path to (or a sign of) madness, but I did like "I needed to inhale a whole glass of petrol to fully appreciate this." - since it felt a bit like I had after witnessing this... experience... from about the 6th row. The Rite of Spring afterwards seemed comparatively the model of restraint!

It may be worth noting that Rattle/LSO are mounting two complete semi-staged performances of Le Grand Macabre in Jan 17...

Comment

Working...
                  X