• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • centanni2004
    • Nov 2014

Arte.TV app now on Samsung 'smart' TVs

Hello,

This is my first post on these forums.

'Arte' - the Franco-German arts channel - have a free app for internet-connected televisions. I installed it for my Samsung smart TV last night. Hopefully, other TV manufacturers support this.

I am impressed by the app, which is easy to use and responsive. I think it compares well to the sound and picture quality of the Berliner Philharmoniker's Digital Concert Hall.

There are currently a dozen classical concerts to stream on-demand from the 2015/16 concert season (Orchestre de Paris, Frankfurt RSO, the LSO and others). The current concerts are available for a limited time. There are other musical genres on there and documentaries in french and german with english subtitles.

The content can also be found on their website: [URL="http://www.arte.tv/guide/en/"]
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Something for the V Petrenko fans there too. Looked a bit … violent
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• MickyD
      • Nov 2010

Arte is a fantastic channel, not just for classical concerts but for films and excellent documentaries, too.

Comment

• verismissimo
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by centanni2004 View Post
        Hello,

This is my first post on these forums...
        Welcome, centanni!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by verismissimo View Post
          Welcome, centanni!
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by verismissimo View Post
            Welcome, centanni!
            I should have assured centanni of a welcome - given that the plunge into the maelstrom seems to have taken 18 months!

An unexpected item on Elgar, even, which appeared to be viewable without a (smart) television.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
            X