X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gradus
    • Nov 2010

Horowitz at Carnegie Hall -recording

Can anyone help me to locate a commercially available video/audio recording of the performance from which the attached is taken?
    The sound and vision are of poor quality but Horowitz plays as only the greatest musicians can, with the utmost simplicity and the performance goes straight to the heart of the music.
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

I wonder if this is the one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Legendary-19...1&sr=8-1-fkmr2
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
      I think you've got it, Pr : one of the youTube comments suggests that it's from that recital - and I've not been able to find it anywhere else.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Keraulophone
        • Nov 2010

According to Hank Drake's comment on that Amazon page:

'This [Horowitz on Television 1968] is one of three Horowitz videos which remain commercially unavailable (Horowitz's disastrous 1983 Tokyo concert has wisely been kept from distribution, the other is the 1978 White House recital, which CAN be obtained from the Jimmy Carter Library). Portions of the 1968 concert have been shown on various documentaries, and they offer a tantalizing glimpse of Horowitz in his late prime. Sony should aquire the video rights to this recital and release it on DVD immediately.'

I look forward to the day of that release.

Comment

• gradus
          • Nov 2010

Many thanks to Pianorak for finding the recording, duly ordered from Amazon.
          Certainly a 'tantalizing glimpse of Horowitz in his late prime'.

Comment

Working...
          X