X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ferretfancy
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
    Indeed. This a slightly esoteric one from the classical guitar forum yesterday:

When Beryl Reid was invited to dinner by Noel Coward she found that he was much preoccupied with death. "Do you know" he said, "The hair on your chest goes on growing after you die " "Not on me!" she said, to which he replied "Ah! My dear! You are far too easily discouraged! "

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

I just cannot imagine Noel Coward with a hairy chest, either. Is there any documentary proof that he had?

I've just tried a Google search for 'Noel Coward in swimming trunks' & found pictures of Noel Coward, men in swimming trunks, swimming trunks on their own, Albert Einstein (!?) and a Pullman railway carriage called Doris (!!??), but no pictures of Coward showing off his hairy chest.

Comment

• Rex Bartlett
        • Dec 2015

When I first saw this my stomach dropped. Shit, I thought, I have only 3 years left.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Rex Bartlett View Post
          http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/u...otoring-010416

When I first saw this my stomach dropped. Shit, I thought, I have only 3 years left.
          You're a day late, my friend.

Comment

• Flosshilde
            • Nov 2010

Quite a good one - except that it breaks the cardinal rule for AFJs - it tells us it's a joke.

(SA - I don't think Rex was trying to fool us - just pointing out that he was fooled )

Comment

• french frank
              Administrator/Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
              Quite a good one - except that it breaks the cardinal rule for AFJs - it tells us it's a joke.
              Perhaps they had to add that on account of all the worried pensioners bombarding them with questions and worries? I do like the idea of the elderly being a danger to other road users because they drive carefully and don't break laws.
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                • Nov 2010

Yes, I was rather pleased with that, being a pensioner. But I wasn't too keen on the idea of 'autonomous' cars - sounds like the sat nav takes over the actual driving, rather than just telling you where to go. Not only that, it also decides where you are going to go - "It's Wednesday today, so we'll go to B&Q as it's Diamond Club day".

Comment

Working...
                X