X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by makropulos View Post
    Thanks for those details. And yes, the Bernstein Ravel Concerto with the Philharmonia has been reissued by RCA and others - here's one transfer:

I've a French RCA transfer that is (I think) superior to this, and there are several others.
    Thanks for the link to the Pearl transfer which was probably done a while ago. I found an RCA download via Presto who also have a Naxos download [both available separately in FLAC without having to get the whole disc!]. These have quite tolerable sound and transfers are very similar with the RCA having more surface noise and a slightly more mellow piano tone. I'd forgotten what a nice piece this is, very jazzy so suits Lenny well!!
    Last edited by Gordon; 04-03-16, 19:01.

Comment

• makropulos
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
      Many thanks, makropulos - a great resource

I'd like to hear this documentary on CM that's on WFMT Chicago tomorrow (see on the right of the Links page) but 10 pm Chicago time might be a problem over here. Any idea whether it might be available on the WFMT equivalent of iplayer, or as a podcast?
      Aeolium, yes, it's available online - and well worth hearing. Go to the 'media' page of www.charlesmackerras.com then click on www.mackerraslegacy.com link, and thence to 'listen on PRX' link. Hope that works for you.

Comment

• aeolium
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by makropulos View Post
        Aeolium, yes, it's available online - and well worth hearing. Go to the 'media' page of www.charlesmackerras.com then click on www.mackerraslegacy.com link, and thence to 'listen on PRX' link. Hope that works for you.
        Thanks, makropulos - that link seems to work fine. I'll listen to the whole programme when I have a spare couple of hours.

Comment

Working...
        X