X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

Stefan Arzberger (Leipzig String Quartet) arrested and charged in New York

I have come across this puzzling and terrible case that involves Stefan Arzberger of the Leipzig String Quartet which may be of interest. Evidently he has been released on bail of $100,000 arrested and charged with attempting to strangle a woman at a New York hotel. He cannot leave the country and is unable to work with the Quartet that is on tour with a replacement player. I believe Arzberger is currently staying as a guest of cellist Alisa Weilerstein in New York.

For the general information of fellow message boarders here is a website has been launched by a private support group for Stefan Arzberger. Its goal is to provide factual information and to raise funds for the defence of Stefan Arzberger in New York. The group want justice for him.

I'm nothing to do with Arzberger's support group I just thought it's a fasinating story.
    Last edited by Stanfordian; 05-02-16, 17:53.
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

Shocking news

Thank heavens for legal aid .

Comment

• Stanfordian
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
      Shocking news

Thank heavens for legal aid .
      Hiya Barbirollians,

Do they have legal aid in the USA? I believe his legal fees are horrendous.
      Last edited by Stanfordian; 05-02-16, 17:50.

Comment

• richardfinegold
        • Sep 2012

Wow. It sounds like a Hitchcock movie.

Comment

• Barbirollians
          • Nov 2010

No they only have the much criticised and underfunded Public Defender system . The legal aid system in the UK once was meant to have similar coverage to the NHS - it has been horrendously undermined in recent years by the Blair ,Coalition and Tory Governments - but criminal legai aid is still available for most of the population and that means access to the best lawyers who do the work at cheap rates .

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
            • Jun 2014

'The woman – a transvestite who calls himself Melissa – has 12 previous convictions for prostitution.'

The writer then continues to refer to 'she' ...

I know I've led a very sheltered life but does that not mean 'Melissa' is actually a man who has the 12 previous convictions, or are the legalities in such matters rather more gender-obscure in NY ... ?

Comment

Working...
            X