• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pabmusic
    • May 2011

A New Approach To Musical Analysis

All credit is due to Dave Swenson and Dave Rakowski:

A parody of "The Christmas Song" by Bob Wells and Mel Torme. Original parody lyrics by David Rakowski. Additional lyrics and vocal performance by Dave Swenso...

(Please note the first comment!)
  • Nevilevelis

Very clever. I feel I should know the song well enough to understand why he doesn't sing that F-sharp at "minor seconds in the bridge" (top of the 2nd page of music). It disappears for the repeat of the phrase. Just a minor quibble!

Seriously, I wonder if music teachers ever do this - speak the theory over the music. I sing in a choir that sings a lot of Gregorian chant and our DoM often points out changes, corrections, or additions to the semiology by singing the values over the text e.g. "long-long-short-short-long". Not as we're singing, I hasten to add!

BTW, I may have a project for you Pabmusic. Private message shortly!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
      All credit is due to Dave Swenson and Dave Rakowski:

A parody of "The Christmas Song" by Bob Wells and Mel Torme. Original parody lyrics by David Rakowski. Additional lyrics and vocal performance by Dave Swenso...

(Please note the first comment!)
      Here, in somewhat similar vein, is Django Bates's "Interval Song" from his 2003 album "You Live and Learn (Apparently)"

Every interval in the chromatic scale, set against a latin jazz backdrop. What more could you want?Music theory made fun.

Sadly all the Robert Wyatt's "Signed Curtain" clips, from the first Matching Mole album, has been taken down.

Comment

• Pabmusic
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Nevilevelis View Post
        ...BTW, I may have a project for you Pabmusic. Private message shortly!
        Intriguing...

Comment

• Pabmusic
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          Here, in somewhat similar vein, is Django Bates's "Interval Song" from his 2003 album "You Live and Learn (Apparently)"

Every interval in the chromatic scale, set against a latin jazz backdrop. What more could you want?Music theory made fun.

Sadly all the Robert Wyatt's "Signed Curtain" clips, from the first Matching Mole album, has been taken down.
          Thanks, SA.

Comment

Working...
          X