X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roehre
    • Sep 2024

Welsh Music on line

A new [English] website, at the moment mostly dedicated to Mathias, Hoddinott, Grace Williams, Joseph Parry and Elwyn-Edwards, to be found here.
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
    A new [English] website, at the moment mostly dedicated to Mathias, Hoddinott, Grace Williams, Joseph Parry and Elwyn-Edwards, to be found here.
    An excellent start - I hope it develops to include Daniel Jones and other composers whose work isn't generally available on recordings or youTube, such as David Wynne.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
      Richard Barrett?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        Richard Barrett?
        I looked him up under "B" in the "Scores" Index: ziltch.

(But you can get practically everything that has been recorded by Shirley Bassey, regardless of whether the composer/arranger was Welsh.)
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

The thread title sounds like carols on a Santa Special on the Talyllyn!

Comment

• ahinton
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            I looked him up under "B" in the "Scores" Index: ziltch.

(But you can get practically everything that has been recorded by Shirley Bassey, regardless of whether the composer/arranger was Welsh.)
            I wonder whether that might simply be because, like his compatriot Denis ApIvor as well as Brian Ferneyhough and Thea Musgrave, he has lived most of his professional life outside UK - not that this would be any excuse, of course...

Comment

Working...
            X