X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DublinJimbo
    • Nov 2011

Qobuz under threat

Qobuz is a wonderful site for music downloads and streaming. I've been using it since 2010 and have found it to be an essential source of high-quality downloads. Its catalogue is extensive, its pricing structure is competitive, its staff are excellent. I was aware for some time (vaguely at best, due to my inadequate French) that Qobuz was in trouble financially, but still it kept on operating and I kept on buying.

Now their home page links to an editorial appealing for support, with a link to a 'Save Qobuz' petition. The gist is that the site is entering into receivership, explained as follows:
    As we explained in our blog three days ago, Qobuz was placed in receivership Monday, November 16th. This situation is the outcome of a backup situation in which the company was placed in August 2014, after which it was not possible to present a backup plan itself, that is to say, a recovery of the company, and all of its debts. The new situation of bankruptcy will allow buyers who have already expressed interest, and others who came in recent days, to position itself for the future of the company. Qobuz team is fully mobilized so that tenders that arise respect the identity of your online music service.

It would be desperately sad to see this wonderful resource disappear. While my wallet would no doubt be grateful, I'd be distraught without it. I don't know how effective the online petition might be, but I've signed it and would appeal to others to do so also.
Working...
X