X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Russ
    • Nov 2023

Presenter changes from April 2025

The changes include Petroc Trelawny becoming the new host of In Tune alongside Katie Derham
  • Old Grumpy
    • Jan 2011

Interesting. Thanks for this.

I used to be a regular listener to both Breakfast and In Tune in my commuting days. After retirement I hardly ever listen to either.

Comment

• pastoralguy
      • Nov 2010

I often hear the end of ‘ In Tune’ as I drive into work for a night shift. It’ll be great to hear Petroc in his new role. I’ve always had my doubts about SR but my wife and I met him at an Edinburgh Festival play and he was such a nice guy. He even mentioned us on his show the next day!

Comment

• Old Grumpy
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
        I often hear the end of ‘ In Tune’ as I drive into work for a night shift. It’ll be great to hear Petroc in his new role. I’ve always had my doubts about SR but my wife and I met him at an Edinburgh Festival play and he was such a nice guy. He even mentioned us on his show the next day!

Comment

• Old Grumpy
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
          I always liked Sean's programmes- not so keen on the dancey one though

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

SR became the regular presenter in September 1997 - a rare case of programme and presenter surviving for almost 30 years. PT acted as co-presenter of In Tune when Humphrey Carpenter left.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Kingfisher
              • Aug 2023

Sean has wit and gravitas.

Tom has neither.

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                • Apr 2014

So reading between the lines Petroc didn’t fancy moving to Salford probably because the trip from Cornwall isn’t too enticing and In Tune is a nice gig - you d8nt have to get up at 5.00 in the morn8ng for a start and with a 7.00 finish you’re nicely set up for an evening concert .

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Kingfisher View Post
                  Sean has wit and gravitas.

Tom has neither.
                  So perhaps it’s a good thing that the latter isn’t taking over from the former. I disagree incidentally. Both are very good presenters.

Comment

• pastoralguy
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post

So perhaps it’s a good thing that the latter isn’t taking over from the former. I disagree incidentally. Both are very good presenters.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post

I think that Tom McKinney gets better and better. I much enjoy listening to him. "Gravitas" is a much-banded about phrase which I'm not sure I quite understand. "Pompous" seems to me to be the nearest analogue but I am, as is frequently the case, no doubt completely missing the point.

Comment

• oddoneout
                        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post

I think that Tom McKinney gets better and better. I much enjoy listening to him. "Gravitas" is a much-banded about phrase which I'm not sure I quite understand. "Pompous" seems to me to be the nearest analogue but I am, as is frequently the case, no doubt completely missing the point.
                        I reckon Tom M will make a good job of the weekday Breakfast, although I'm afraid I am not completely happy with his Sunday slot - a tad too perky for my liking, I prefer something a little bit more low key, like Martin Handley was.

Comment

• LMcD
                          • Sep 2017

[QUOTE=HighlandDougie;n1310814]

I think that Tom McKinney gets better and better. I much enjoy listening to him.

I shall certainly miss Petroc on 'Breakfast', but Tom McKinney would have been my choice to replace him in the unlikely event of my having been
                          consulted.

Comment

• kernelbogey
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post

I reckon Tom M will make a good job of the weekday Breakfast, although I'm afraid I am not completely happy with his Sunday slot - a tad too perky for my liking, I prefer something a little bit more low key, like Martin Handley was.
                            I agree with the second half of OOO's statement. But I think Hannah French has come out tops for me recently - well-judged scripts, a great microphone technique, perfectly timed pauses after items and occasional shafts of humour. (I also find her Yorkshire accent easier on the ear than the Manchester sound.)

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post

I agree with the second half of OOO's statement. But I think Hannah French has come out tops for me recently - well-judged scripts, a great microphone technique, perfectly timed pauses after items and occasional shafts of humour. (I also find her Yorkshire accent easier on the ear than the Manchester sound.)
                              Well, as he's presenting Breakfast from Salford he'll have to get rid of the Manchester sound!

Comment

Working...
                              X