X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by rauschwerk View Post
    I confess I'm mystified by comments (not just today's) about Peter Cropper's intonation. Sure, he could have off days on the concert platform, but I have nearly all the Lindsays' Haydn, late Beethoven and Tippett and can't hear any problems.
    I am usually susceptible to matters such as intonation issues but from my experience in both Peter Cropper's live recitals and on records I could not detect any such difficulties. Facial contortions yes, intonation issues no.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Very sad news.
      I saw the Lindsays at Manchester University (mid 80's?).

RIP

Comment

• secondfiddle
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
        Very sad news. He was a very respected violinist who will be sorely missed.
        Very sad to hear of the death of Peter Cropper. I knew him from school where, no pianist myself, we played in concert together the last movement of Warlock’s Capriol Suite that I found fearfully tricky. He carried me through without too much of a mishap! He introduced me to Brahms’ First Violin Sonata that he was learning (first movement) at the time. Although sadly we did not keep in touch, thankfully I was able to see him and have a brief chat a few months ago at King’s Place where he gave a recital.

Comment

• verismissimo
          • Nov 2010

Urgent need for the Lindsays' Bartok to be reissued!

Comment

Working...
          X