X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Observation Postr
    • Sep 2024

R I P Jennifer Ward Clarke

I was not intendong to post this early in my membership, but I was surprised to find no mention of a musician whose range of musical activities encompassed all forms of music (except for Boy Bands and similar current activities)

The link above gives better information about Jennie's accomplishments and influence on all cellists than I could possibly attempt to enumerate.

The world of string playing is all the poorer for her sad passing.

Anyway, greetings to all message boarders. It's nice to be with you.
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

A fine Musician and a generous person. I met her when she was part of the Beethoven Broadwood Trio at a couple of concerts she gave at the Eastbourne Arts Centre in the early 1990s. A wide range of repertoire, too - her rrecordings of the Schubert Quintet (with the Chillies) and PMD's Vesalii Icones firm favourites in my collection. I had missed this sad news - thank you for bringing it to our attention.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Yes thanks OP for a touching if sad first posting, and for drawing this to everyone's attention. A great loss of a most valued musician.

Warm welcome - looking forward to many more informed and informative contributions around The Forum.

"...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

I don't think it really matters how early you post on here, if it is something as important as this. RIP JWP
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ostuni
          • Nov 2010

A lovely, gentle person, a scrupulously sensitive shaper of a continuo line, and a wonderfully perceptive teacher (my wife is one of very many who can testify to this). Duncan Druce wrote a nice obituary in the Guardian last week.

Comment

• MickyD
            • Nov 2010

Sad indeed...I enjoyed her performances so much, especially with the Salomon String Quartet. Many happy evenings at St Mary's Church, Putney back in the 80s.

Comment

• Barbirollians
              • Nov 2010

Very sad news . Her recording of the Schubert Quintet with the Chilingirian on CFP deserves a place at the top table of recordings of the work.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Sad news indeed.

The String Quartet in Eighteenth-Century England/Salomon Quartet on Hyperion is a firm favourite here.

RIP.

Comment

• MickyD
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                  Sad news indeed.

The String Quartet in Eighteenth-Century England/Salomon Quartet on Hyperion is a firm favourite here.

RIP.
                  I always regret not having got hold of that CD, Rob...deleted long ago, sadly.

Comment

Working...
                  X