X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayne lee wilson
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

As someone who buys mainly new releases (and infamously fussy about sound...), complaints about present-day engineering always surprise me.
    Recent stunners include Zelenka/Viktora on Nibiru, Dusapin/Chung on DG, Blomstedt's live Bruckner on Querstand, and the LAWO disc of Barokkanerne in CPE Bach**. These all sound at least as good as any so-called classics from pre-1970.

My only conclusion about recording is - it's not what you do, it's...

**really sad there's so little enthusiasm for CPE-B around here - so many great releases this year!

Comment

• doversoul1
      Ex Member
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
      **really sad there's so little enthusiasm for CPE-B around here - so many great releases this year!
      The Early Music Show, Early Music Late; Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque and HIPP on Radio 3 and elsewhere

The Early Music Show, Early Music Late; Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque and HIPP on Radio 3 and elsewhere

My guess is that early music (CPE Bach tends to come in this category) enthusiasts on this forum have a tendency to be rather reticent. As for the posts, let’s say quality rather than quantity

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
        Indeed, e.g. a survey of his complete output of keyboard works -though e.g. Beefoven has got it too- seems to be confined to mine only .

Comment

Working...
        X