No signal for live Berlin Phil. concert tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pastoralguy
    • Nov 2010

No signal for live Berlin Phil. concert tonight...

I was really looking for to tonight's concert live from the Philharmonie but the image and sound kept 'buffering'. Eventually, a message advised that there was very heavy traffic on the satellites so this evenings concert would not be available.

Oh dear.
  • Don Petter

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
    I was really looking for to tonight's concert live from the Philharmonie but the image and sound kept 'buffering'. Eventually, a message advised that there was very heavy traffic on the satellites so this evenings concert would not be available.

Oh dear.

A pity. I suppose we all take the technology that makes such pleasures an everyday experience so much for granted that the occasional lapse pulls us up short.

Comment

• pastoralguy
      • Nov 2010

Well, this concert is finally up on the Digital Concert Hall's archive but the picture quality is very poor indeed. However, as compensation, the Digital Concert Hall can now provide performances of Martinu's seventh symphony in d minor, the seventh symphony of Richard Strauss and the Brahms 'cello concerto!

What the hell is going on there? Tissues being ripped and grapes crushed!

Comment

• Petrushka
        • Nov 2010

I gave up on the DCH a while ago because of the constant technical problems (some of which may have been at this end) but returned to hear a live Bruckner 4 from Haitink a few weeks ago. As enjoyable as that was, I found that I was on edge awaiting a technical failure that, in the end, never happened. It was no way to listen to music so doubt if I will bother again.

Yes, we do take the technology for granted but I just don't think that it is really up to the job as yet.
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• pastoralguy
          • Nov 2010

I did watch Bychkov conduct Schubert 9 live on Saturday nite with no problem whatsoever.

I can't watch this orchestra without being completely blown away! What phenomenal playing from everyone on the platform.

Comment

Working...
          X