• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
    I gather the box has some other works as well as the symphonies. The individual CDs suggest a total of 10, rather than 11, for the latter?
    Indeed, the 2nd Violin Concerto and Stepan Razin, IIRC. I'll dig out my set and check for other extras.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

The LP set has 13 discs with just 3 extras:
      The Age of Gold - excerpts
      The Bolt - excerpts
      Cantata "The Sun Shines over the Motherland"

The Leningrad Symphony covers 3 sides.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
        The LP set has 13 discs with just 3 extras:
        The Age of Gold - excerpts
        The Bolt - excerpts
        Cantata "The Sun Shines over the Motherland"

The Leningrad Symphony covers 3 sides.
        It seems the CD set includes Stepan Razin, Violin Concerto No.2 (Oistrakh), October and one other piece?

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
          It seems the CD set includes Stepan Razin, Violin Concerto No.2 (Oistrakh), October and one other piece?
          Yes. I was responding to the message which referred specifically to the 11 CD set. In addition to the 3 works already mentioned, the set also includes the cantata The Sun Shines on Our Motherland.

The content of the final disc in the set (the 15th Symphony and the 2nd Violin Concerto) and also be found on a bargain Alto CD:

Last edited by Bryn; 13-05-14, 23:14.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            Yes. I was responding to the message which referred specifically to the 11 CD set. In addition to the 3 works already mentioned, the set also includes the cantata The Sun Shines on Our Motherland.

The content of the final disc in the set (the 15th Symphony and the 2nd Violin Concerto) and also be found on a bargain Alto CD:

Bryn,

Thanks for that info, including the Alto reference. I see the 15th and 9th are coupled on the original single CDs.

Comment

• Petrushka
              • Nov 2010

I used to pick up Melodiya LPs at Collet's in Charing Cross Road but they were mostly DSCH, Tchaikovsky and Prokofiev. Once saw the Melodiya HQ in Moscow.
              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

here is a list of the first 250 Melodiya LPs released on itunes.

I have checked one or two and they do seem to be available.
                Not sure if this is right up to date though.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                  • Jan 2014

You might be interested (if you are splurging on Melodiya in iTunes!) in this 25% off itunes promotion (via one's Paypal account - it was running yesterday and appears still to be available, but don't hesitate, as I'm not sure when it will end or if it will continue tomorrow

Looking for the perfect digital gift? Here at PayPal we offer many hassle-free ways you can send digital gifts online or purchase gift cards using PayPal

Comment

Working...
                  X