X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
    I have no confidence that I'll find my way next week with this new improved website.
    I agree that we have been conditioned to expect a lively next movement, but my wish, ferney, if you'll forgive me, was to hear the Adagio again...on a Steinway!
    ... surely a Bechstein is preferable to a Steinway -

Konstantin Lifschitz, the master of counterpoint, performed Bach's Adagio G major BWV 968 during his C. Bechstein Concert at the Konzerthaus Berlin on Decemb...

Comment

• Padraig
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
      ... surely a Bechstein is preferable to a Steinway -

Konstantin Lifschitz, the master of counterpoint, performed Bach's Adagio G major BWV 968 during his C. Bechstein Concert at the Konzerthaus Berlin on Decemb...

Somehow I experience a sharp sensation on my knuckles, M v, but regardless, I thank you for that performance which speaks eloquently
      to my preference for the piano. And what a performance of a superb piece, revealing to my peculiar ear harmonies and sonorities which I missed in the harpsichord performance.

Comment

• Edgy 2
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
        Somehow I experience a sharp sensation on my knuckles, M v, but regardless, I thank you for that performance which speaks eloquently
        to my preference for the piano. And what a performance of a superb piece, revealing to my peculiar ear harmonies and sonorities which I missed in the harpsichord performance.
        Yes Padraig,it’s almost as if they are two different pieces depending on which instrument is used.
        And thanks as always ferney
        “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• Edgy 2
          • Jan 2019

It’s Friday but no new AoB

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
            It’s Friday but no new AoB
            This https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2k...TM_hDYfEmzkS9w says new recordings released every Tuesday and Thursday, and in the past few minutes it looks as if 3 new items have appeared. They don't seem to be on the allofbach.com site though.

Comment

• Padraig
              • Feb 2013

As predicted, I can access the site, but cannot find the current offering. Why don't they leave well enough alone?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Nothing new added this week so far
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• ChrisBennell
                  • Sep 2014

The website has changed completely. After about 20 minutes, yesterday, I eventually found my way to the latest offering, (prompted by a notification on Facebook).

The old link (allofbach.com) gives a message in Dutch saying "Page not found".

To access the new website, in English, you need to use the link address : https://www.bachvereniging.nl/en/allofbach

Clicking on the left-most item under Recently Added, gives yesterday's new offering - The Adagio in G major BWV968.

To see the performance details, select "credits" . This gives:

Release date
                  23 August 2019
                  Recording date
                  28 February 2017
                  Harpsichordist
                  Ketil Haugsand
                  Harpsichord
                  Martin Skowroneck, Bremen, 1985

Can't remember if that is a new one or not. Hope that helps anyone still struggling with this!!
                  Last edited by ChrisBennell; 31-08-19, 11:54. Reason: typo

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                    Gone fishin'
                    • Sep 2011

Thanks, Chris - alas, that Adagio is last week's opfer, as posted in #899.

Comment

• Hitch
                      • Nov 2010

I have updated the website link in this thread's first post and in other posts where I have linked to All of Bach's home page or a particular Bach work. Thank you to Chris Bennell for pointing out the new address.
                      Last edited by Hitch; 01-09-19, 12:58.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                        • Jan 2019

Thanks Hitch.

Still no new upload from AoB though

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                          Gone fishin'
                          • Sep 2011

Cantata BWV 78; "Jesu der du meine Seele"

"Jesu, You, who powerfully rescued my soul from the devil's dark pit, by Your bitter death".

A new video - Jos van Veldhoven directs this ThVpP performance recorded in February last year in the Walloon Church in Amsterdam.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                            Gone fishin'
                            • Sep 2011

Also available on youTube (but without, I think, the supplementary video & written documentation )

The opening chorus of this cantata 'Jesu, der du meine Seele', performed here by the Netherlands Bach Society for All of Bach, resembles a chaconne. You can ...

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                              "Jesu, You, who powerfully rescued my soul from the devil's dark pit, by Your bitter death".

A new video - Jos van Veldhoven directs this ThVpP performance recorded in February last year in the Walloon Church in Amsterdam.

https://www.bachvereniging.nl/en/bwv/bwv-78/
                              ....fab
                              bong ching

Comment

• Edgy 2
                                • Jan 2019

Yep

thanks as always ferney

They still owe is one for last week

Comment

Working...
                                X