• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Krystal View Post
    And I can tell by the vast amount of time you spend on the internet that you DO have issues!!
    Don't we all?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

Well, I had a complete run of issues of 'Ceramic Review' from 2001 - 2013, but I ran out of room so gave them away. I am collecting issues of 'Architecture Today' though.

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Krystal View Post

Spoken like a true thief and entitlement junkie. You really must stop your projections - these never get rid of your issues, you know. And I can tell by the vast amount of time you spend on the internet that you DO have issues!!
        I have lots of back issues of this if you would like some ?

Centering has hundreds of grief resources. We have resources for infant loss, bereaved parents, suicide, homicide, loss of a spouse, children and teens.

and you obviously don't know my friend Jack

Comment

• alywin
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          Jon the night, the RFH were selling any ticket still available for, (IIRC) £5 each, at any rate cheaper than I paid, and WAY under what some folks paid for top price seats.
          Is this standard procedure at the RFH now? If it weren't for having to pay nearly £10 merely to get up there (thanks a bunch, Boris!), I might give it a try, if so.

Comment

• alywin
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by mercia View Post
            how easy or desirable is it to move away from one's allotted seat at a sporting fixture ?
            I've done it at Wimbledon a few times (not in the middle of the men's final, of course). The trouble with Wimbledon is that if you buy a showcourt ticket you're stuck with the players scheduled for that court on that day, whereas you might be wanting to watch someone else. In that case, you tend to wander off to watch their match instead. Plus some people leave much earlier in the day than others. I sat near the back of No. 1 court once (having got in on the for-charity ticket resale), and was annoyed to see how many empty seats there were, so I moved down. If the seat owners come back, you just return to your original seat - or move somewhere else.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by alywin View Post
              Is this standard procedure at the RFH now? If it weren't for having to pay nearly £10 merely to get up there (thanks a bunch, Boris!), I might give it a try, if so.
              Not seen that kind of offer on any other occasion, Al. I wonder if it was to do with it being a BBC orchestra?

A good point about travel. Are you coming from the London suburbs ?Off peak from the outer zones seems to have been hit hard in the new ticket regime. As ever there are many anomolies. I can get an off peak return all the way from Basingstoke with a network railcard for £15, which makes the alternative of driving to Kew, parking and getting the tube a bit of a nonsense when an off peak travelcard is about £12, or the daily oyster cap £7.50 for zones 1 /3.

I know there were grumblings from outer London residents about off peak travel when the new prices came in. I wonder if this is having some small effect on central London entertainment venues ?

Anyway, re the RFH, there are many occasions when there are £9 tickets available, for seats which are perfectly ok, and plenty of spare capacity elsewhere in the hall. If it is looking like a modestly attended concert, worth buying on the night and saving the booking fee too.( although the RFH booking fees aren't by any means the worst.)
              Last edited by teamsaint; 20-03-15, 09:28.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
              X