X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petrushka
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by TBuckley View Post
    Using the EAN for the Haitink box (0028948527373), this is currently all there is:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B78GKRQ7
    Thanks. I tried the product code, which is minus the first five numbers of the EAN number above, and that obviously drew a blank. Good price when compared elsewhere so have 'pre-ordered'.
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

If the in-house CO/RCO recordings included are also in the big radio recordings box, I remain out of the market. I already have the Christmas DVDs and that Radio box so it is pretty certain that what I do not already have from the new box could be had for rather less than £220. It will be interesting to see whether the full audio-only content is made available on download and streaming sites.

There again, since the current going price of the Christmas matinee DVD is around £130, the CDs would work out at under 80p each if the separate cost of the DVDs is subtracted from the £220.

Comment

• Petrushka
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        If the in-house CO/RCO recordings included are also in the big radio recordings box, I remain out of the market. I already have the Christmas DVDs and that Radio box so it is pretty certain that what I do not already have from the new box could be had for rather less than £220. It will be interesting to see whether the full audio-only content is made available on download and streaming sites.

There again, since the current going price of the Christmas matinee DVD is around £130, the CDs would work out at under 80p each if the separate cost of the DVDs is subtracted from the £220.
        The CO/RCO radio recordings are not included. I have it twice: once as the separate box and again in the big RCO125 box. The separate issue box is going for a hefty price tag on some Amazon seller's site and perhaps I should sell mine.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
          The CO/RCO radio recordings are not included. I have it twice: once as the separate box and again in the big RCO125 box. The separate issue box is going for a hefty price tag on some Amazon seller's site and perhaps I should sell mine.
          Do you have a link to a site which indicates which of the RCO's own in-house recordings are included? Failing that, can you advise which they are, yourself? Are they previously unreleased, perhaps?

Comment

• Pulcinella
            Host
            • Feb 2014

Curiously, and surely incorrectly or the RVW symphonies for example would be included, the advert in October's Gramophone says:

Complete studio recordings on Philips, Decca, CBS and EMI labels & select bonus RCO Live recordings, presented with original sleeves

The advert goes on to mention the first releases on CD though:
            1984 Brahms St Anthony Variations
            1969 Chabrier España

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
              Curiously, and surely incorrectly or the RVW symphonies for example would be included, the advert in October's Gramophone says:

Complete studio recordings on Philips, Decca, CBS and EMI labels & select bonus RCO Live recordings, presented with original sleeves

1969 Chabrier España
              Hmm. I wonder whether the "RCO Live recordings" refers, rightly or wrongly, to the DVDs?

Comment

• RichardB
                Banned
                • Nov 2021

Amandine Beyer and her ensemble Gli Incogniti playing "Concerti per molti strumenti" by Vivaldi, some unfamilar pieces and unfamiliar versions of familiar ones. If you like Vivaldi and the sound of energetically and imaginatively played baroque instruments this is for you.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                  Host
                  • Feb 2014

Hmm. I wonder whether the "RCO Live recordings" refers, rightly or wrongly, to the DVDs?
                  Here's the link to what Presto call full details:

Comment

• Petrushka
                    • Nov 2010

The RCO Live recordings included are those issued on the RCO label ie: Shostakovich 15, Brahms VC & PC1, Mahler 4, Bruckner 8. The Radio Recordings box is different and consists of 14 CDs of live concert material first issued on Q Disc.

The EMI recordings are the Bruch/Mendelssohn VCs with Perlman and the CBS recordings are Murray Perahia's Beethoven PC set.

The complete listing is on the Presto site.

Edit: I see Pulcinella beat me to it.

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

https://www.prestomusic.com/classica...gebouw-edition
                      Thanks. It looks like everything I either have or can download/stream in at least lossless.

Comment

• Rolmill
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by RichardB View Post
                        Amandine Beyer and her ensemble Gli Incogniti playing "Concerti per molti strumenti" by Vivaldi, some unfamilar pieces and unfamiliar versions of familiar ones. If you like Vivaldi and the sound of energetically and imaginatively played baroque instruments this is for you.
                        That is tempting - I have much enjoyed her previous Vivaldi recordings (not to mention an excellent Bach box). Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

1969 Chabrier España

Comment

• Pulcinella
                            Host
                            • Feb 2014

1969 Chabrier España

https://www.prestomusic.com/classica...gebouw-edition
                            Brainstorm in my original post: the RVW on EMI have nothing to do with the Concertgebouw.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                              • Nov 2010

Also coming along I see are some Eloquence boxes of Boult's Decca recordings including the VW cycle.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                                Also coming along I see are some Eloquence boxes of Boult's Decca recordings including the VW cycle.
                                As usual very annoying these boxes. 60 plus years of buying Boult recordings I have most on CD already - the annoying bit is the inclusion of not previously available or first time on CD. These could easily have been made available separately on a couple of CDs.

Comment

Working...
                                X