X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonathan
    • Mar 2007

And another one I'm looking forward to getting: https://www.prestomusic.com/classica...no-works-vol-5
    Best regards,
    Jonathan

Comment

• gurnemanz
      • Nov 2010

Door-stopping New Complete Beethoven from DG. I won't be getting - duplicates, reining back of CD purchase, unwelcome square box format.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Due for release later this month, Brautigam's complete Beethoven Variations, Bagatelles, & smaller pieces. (6 CDs around the £40 mark):

Beethoven - Complete Piano Variations, Bagatelles & Clavierstucke | Between 2003 and 2015, Ronald Brautigam recorded all of Beethoven’s music for solo pian
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          Due for release later this month, Brautigam's complete Beethoven Variations, Bagatelles, & smaller pieces. (6 CDs around the £40 mark):

https://www.europadisc.co.uk/classic...vierstucke.htm
          Please note, these are SACDs, not bog-standard 44.1/16 CDs.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

Very interesting New Release page on Qobuz this week...(Autumn! Oh God...clouds...sunlight....)...

Bruckner 1 (1890) & 9 from Lucerne/Abbado (rec.2012/13), a new Saariaho Graal Theatre from BIS, a Murail Anthology on KAIROS, and Harding's SRSO Brahms Requiem....
            All lined up, if I don't fancy the breakbeats....

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

A couple of box set reissues on Aussie Eloquence upcoming - the VPO Bruckner - various conductors mentioned on another thread, but an 8CD set of Brahms, previously on Philips - LGO Masur with Accardo in VC, Dichter in PCs and Accardo/H Schiff in the DC.

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

You like Eloquence Cloughmeister.

Masur Brahms symphonies only serviceable IMHO.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  You like Eloquence Cloughmeister.

Masur Brahms symphonies only serviceable IMHO.
                  I do like Eloquence - it is the CD equivalent of what Ace of Clubs, Ace of Diamonds, Eclipse and World of... were in the LP days in restoring many Decca recordings to the catalogue, and the advantage of adding Philips and DG also. They occupy quite a chunk of my shelf-space. I hope your back is causing you less pain now!

Comment

• Richard Barrett
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                    Very interesting New Release page on Qobuz this week...(Autumn! Oh God...clouds...sunlight....)...

Bruckner 1 (1890) & 9 from Lucerne/Abbado (rec.2012/13), a new Saariaho Graal Theatre from BIS, a Murail Anthology on KAIROS, and Harding's SRSO Brahms Requiem....
                    Yes, a nice one after a few relatively lean weeks. I'll be spinning that Bruckner in the next few days for sure. I can't say I found the Saariaho and Murail particularly attractive, but today I've been listening to the Clematis ensemble's disc of early Italian violin music "Quattro violini a Venezia" which, while reproducing much of the repertoire of one of Musica Antiqua Köln's most important early recordings, it's a lovely programme and beautifully played. Aside from that there's the sixth volume of Telemann's "Grand Concertos" on cpo, some Rosenmüller vocal music on Carus and a new Quattro Stagioni, which normally wouldn't have me reaching for the heart button but this time the soloist is one of my favourite violinists Leila Schayegh. All of that will keep me going for a while no doubt.

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                      Yes, a nice one after a few relatively lean weeks. I'll be spinning that Bruckner in the next few days for sure. I can't say I found the Saariaho and Murail particularly attractive, but today I've been listening to the Clematis ensemble's disc of early Italian violin music "Quattro violini a Venezia" which, while reproducing much of the repertoire of one of Musica Antiqua Köln's most important early recordings, it's a lovely programme and beautifully played. Aside from that there's the sixth volume of Telemann's "Grand Concertos" on cpo, some Rosenmüller vocal music on Carus and a new Quattro Stagioni, which normally wouldn't have me reaching for the heart button but this time the soloist is one of my favourite violinists Leila Schayegh. All of that will keep me going for a while no doubt.
                      I streaming the Bruckner via QOBUZ, beware. The file for the scherzo of No. 6 is corrupted. All the other files seem fine. I would expect the download of that scherzo to also be in the same state.

Comment

• Richard Barrett
                        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                        The file for the scherzo of No. 6 is corrupted.
                        You mean it sounds strangely like no.9?

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                          You mean it sounds strangely like no.9?
                          Sadly, more like an unbegun performance of 4'33". Let's face it though, you've heard one Bruckner scherzo, you've heard 'em all, innit?

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                            I streaming the Bruckner via QOBUZ, beware. The file for the scherzo of No. 6 is corrupted. All the other files seem fine. I would expect the download of that scherzo to also be in the same state.
                            No problem wth playback here..... (Qobuz Studio/Audirvana+, 24/44.1, disc 2/track 2/ scherzo No.9 timing 11'03)...

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                              No problem wth playback here..... (Qobuz Studio/Audirvana+, 24/44.1, disc 2/track 2/ scherzo No.9 timing 11'03)...
                              No, as I wrote, "the scherzo of No. 6", i.e. 'track' 23. 3. Scherzo (Nicht schnell) . . . However, though it was reported as corrupt each time I tried it yesterday, it now appears to have been repaired or replaced. I doubt I was the first to note the problem. There are details of orchestration in this performance that are brought out particularly well, I feel. I am rather fond of the Sixth. It's the only one I have the score for. Great that one does not have to struggle too much over which edition to buy in the case the Sixth.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                                Host
                                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                                I do like Eloquence - it is the CD equivalent of what Ace of Clubs, Ace of Diamonds, Eclipse and World of... were in the LP days in restoring many Decca recordings to the catalogue, and the advantage of adding Philips and DG also. They occupy quite a chunk of my shelf-space. I hope your back is causing you less pain now!

Comment

Working...
                                X