• vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

... for followers of the naïve Vivaldi edition - two more discs :

I think this will be vols 59 and 60...

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Some wonderful Telemann issues recently, especially the Simphonie du Marais, Chameleon & Countertenor Cantatas here.....

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/composer...?s=rdc#results

Chameleon has wonderful chamber music much of which I hadn't heard before (but there's always a lot of Telemann we haven't heard before...
      I lost some appetite for listening under the grey skies recently, but Telemann, and Baroque generally often help get it back....

Comment

• Jonathan
        • Mar 2007

I think this might have to go on my wish list: https://www.piano-classics.com/artic...french-operas/
        Best regards,
        Jonathan

Comment

• sgjames

Morton Feldman - For Bunita Marcus (Mode)
          Aki Takahashi, Piano.

Few Morton Feldman fans will hesitate over this release (out on 21 June).

Comment

• MrGongGong
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by sgjames View Post
            Aki Takahashi, Piano.

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by sgjames View Post
              Aki Takahashi, Piano.

Maybe I move in the wrong circles but I do not know any Morton Feldman fans!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Oh yes you do!
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  You clearly do indeed move in the wrong circles. Feldman's music, like the man himself, can be something of a Marmite analogue, but most of those I know who have some familiarity with his music would fall within the remit of "fan". Issues surrounding his relationship with Ms. Marcus do make the work in question somewhat problematic, but if the listener is unaware of such problems, the work holds many rewards for the attentive listener.

Comment

• Richard Barrett
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                    You clearly do indeed move in the wrong circles. Feldman's music, like the man himself, can be something of a Marmite analogue, but most of those I know who have some familiarity with his music would fall within the remit of "fan". Issues surrounding his relationship with Ms. Marcus do make the work in question somewhat problematic, but if the listener is unaware of such problems, the work holds many rewards for the attentive listener.
                    I'm a "fan"of his music too, although, having encountered him on a number of occasions and finding him a really quite unappealing character, I only became one after he fell off the twig, and I wasn't surprised at all to learn of his abusive behaviour. His music communicates delicacy and subtlety in a way he himself seemed the very antithesis of. Anyway, Aki Takahashi's recording is no doubt going to be well worth listening to. Her recording of Piano and String Quartet with the Kronos is certainly my most often-played Feldman CD.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                      Host
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                      I'm a "fan"of his music too, although, having encountered him on a number of occasions and finding him a really quite unappealing character, I only became one after he fell off the twig, and I wasn't surprised at all to learn of his abusive behaviour. His music communicates delicacy and subtlety in a way he himself seemed the very antithesis of. Anyway, Aki Takahashi's recording is no doubt going to be well worth listening to. Her recording of Piano and String Quartet with the Kronos is certainly my most often-played Feldman CD.
                      The photos I've seen of him would suggest that he's rather too big a chap to sit on a twig!

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

As some here will have seen from a very recent round robin from eclassical, the newly released BIS recording of Leifs's Edda II is on offer at the out and out bargain price of £8.01 for 24 bit stereo, 24 bit 5.0 surround, 16 bit stereo and mp3 stereo download (with artwork and booklet pdf) from https://www.eclassical.com/conductor...a-part-ii.html

Despite having purchased an advance copy of the SACD, early last month, I have also opted for the download for playback sans SACD player. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Dave2002
                          • Dec 2010

As some here will have seen from a very recent round robin from eclassical, the newly released BIS recording of Leifs's Edda II is on offer at the out and out bargain price of £8.01 for 24 bit stereo, 24 bit 5.0 surround, 16 bit stereo and mp3 stereo download (with artwork and booklet pdf) from https://www.eclassical.com/conductor...a-part-ii.html

Despite having purchased an advance copy of the SACD, early last month, I have also opted for the download for playback sans SACD player. Highly recommended.
                          Seems quite a decent bargain if one wants that piece. Presto's price seems more - https://www.prestomusic.com/classica...es-of-the-gods - and it's not clear that they have the surround sound download.

Comment

• Bryn
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                            Seems quite a decent bargain if one wants that piece. Presto's price seems more - https://www.prestomusic.com/classica...es-of-the-gods - and it's not clear that they have the surround sound download.
                            I think I made a mistake in trying to download the 96/24 stereo FLAC zip now. It's progressing painfully slowly. I will wait until after midnight before trying the 96/24 surround zip.

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

I think I made a mistake in trying to download the 96/24 stereo FLAC zip now. It's progressing painfully slowly. I will wait until after midnight before trying the 96/24 surround zip.
                              The slow download rate turned out to be a WiFi problem. Via a network cable, the transfers took mere seconds. If also considering getting Edda Part I, bear in mind the unlike Part II, the highest sample rate is 44.1kHz. It also costs nearly twice as much for the download, so the SACD is probably the better option.

Comment

• MickyD
                                • Nov 2010

This has just appeared - a recording from 1984 of Jorg Demus playing Schumann on an 1835 Graf. It's been issued by MDG to mark the pianist's death last April. Not the old DHM recordings of him that I am still longing for on CD, but I'll be snapping this one up anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X