• Jan 2011

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
    Audite surely.
    Oops yes, thanks.

Comment

• Barbirollians
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by silvestrione View Post
      For what it's worth, I've tried Curzon/LSO/Kertesz (not Curzon quite at his best IMHO, and piano too bright, forward, prominent, i thought), and Solomon/Philharmonia/Menges, which I loved, and Solomon is sublime in the slow movement. He gets marvellous restrained singing from his instrument, and then deep pools of sound when it's finally chordal. The Philharmonia is full of spirit and expression. Again, the piano is too forward, and dominant, but you hang on to Solomon's every note, as it were, anyway.

(PS Curzon is at his best in the Orfeo disc with Kubelick and the BRSO, in Mozart 21 and 24!)
      Embarrassed to have forgotten Solomon. A wonderful record.

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rauschwerk View Post
        Richard Goode with the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra is a version I have found consistently rewarding. Download only.
        It is very good as are all of their Mozart recordings together.

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
          I remember a fascinating South Bank Show broadcast on ITV in around 1974 which filmed the Brendel/Marriner recording of the Piano Concerto No 27.
          That must have been Aquarius, the LWT-produced forerunner of the South Bank Show, which began in 1978.

Comment

Working...
          X