Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roger Webb
    • Feb 2024

The contenders for the Tribune on Mozart 'Jupiter'.....interestingly Christophe Rousset is one of the panellists.

A.....Bav. RSO/Blomstedt
    B.....Conc. Musicus Wien/Harnoncourt
    C......Orch. des Champs-Elysées/Herreweghe
    D.......BPO/Rattle
    E........Il Pomo d'Oro/Emelyanychev
    F.........SCO/Mackerras

​​​​​​https://www.radiofrance.fr/francemus...lle-programmes

Comment

• MickyD
      • Nov 2010

Thanks Roger, an interesting set of contenders ..will try to listen tomorrow.

Comment

• Roger Webb
        • Feb 2024

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
        Thanks Roger, an interesting set of contenders ..will try to listen tomorrow.
        Without giving anything away....I was surprised!

BTW I had a hiatus at the begining, the programme started, stopped, played a jingle, started from the beginning again, although this'll probably be sorted out for the podcast. I didn't hear all of it...we had 'people' round, and as the weather's taken a turn for the better (ie average!) we were outside.

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

Ooh, that's really got me wondering now who won! Keen to hear what Rousset says, he is always very articulate. All I need to do is find two hours to listen...not always easy!

Comment

• Roger Webb
            • Feb 2024

. All I need to do is find two hours to listen...not always easy!
            No, same here, both BaL and BaL Français are badly placed mid-afternoon on weekends, what with gardening, shopping and friends dropping by! We were entertaining yesterday, but I managed to slip in now and then for an update!

Comment

• Expianoman
              • Nov 2023

Keen to hear what Rousset says, he is always very articulate.
              I wholeheartedly agree with M Rousset with both his comments on the recordings and on his particular choice.

Comment

• MickyD
                • Nov 2010

I've put by 2 hours this morning and started the programme - hope there will be NO interruptions! Will come back later.

Comment

• LMcD
                  • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Roger Webb View Post
                  The contenders for the Tribune on Mozart 'Jupiter'.....interestingly Christophe Rousset is one of the panellists.

A.....Bav. RSO/Blomstedt
                  B.....Conc. Musicus Wien/Harnoncourt
                  C......Orch. des Champs-Elysées/Herreweghe
                  D.......BPO/Rattle
                  E........Il Pomo d'Oro/Emelyanychev
                  F.........SCO/Mackerras

​​​​​https://www.radiofrance.fr/francemus...lle-programmes
                  In light of Forumites' reaction to the moving of RR to Saturday afternoon, I was wondering whether La Tribune has always been broadcast at 4.00 p.m. on Sunday.

Comment

• Roger Webb
                    • Feb 2024

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

In light of Forumites' reaction to the moving of RR to Saturday afternoon, I was wondering whether La Tribune has always been broadcast at 4.00 p.m. on Sunday.
                    I only remember it being at the present time - with very occasional adjustments, an hour each side - but as it started in 1946 I wouldn't be surprised if it had been broadcast at different times.....as it has been under different titles. It was threatened with the chop a couple of times in the recent past...a charge of elitism, something not unknown this side of the channel, being levelled against it!

Comment

• MickyD
                      • Nov 2010

Well, my goodness, yes, that was indeed a surprising conclusion! A fascinating programme that went in different directions before the final result. Like Expianoman, I very much enjoyed Rousset's contributions. Interesting how, as is so often the case, Harnoncourt caused so much provocation!

I do hope France Musique keep this programme going, I find it a delight. Mind you, not sure I will be able to stomach two hours of Boléro next week!

Comment

• Roger Webb
                        • Feb 2024

Well, my goodness, yes, that was indeed a surprising conclusion! A fascinating programme that went in different directions before the final result. Like Expianoman, I very much enjoyed Rousset's contributions. Interesting how, as is so often the case, Harnoncourt caused so much provocation!

I do hope France Musique keep this programme going, I find it a delight. Mind you, not sure I will be able to stomach two hours of Boléro next week!
                        Well Micky, my prescient playing of the BPO/Karajan was not so misplaced after all! I was taken with SCO/Mackerras on balance.....but I'm not ditching Hogwood or Pinnock.

That Boléro Tribune is a listener panel one, I think.....I wish they would start the 'open' live ones in Passy again - I think Covid put paid to those, and they never started up again.

Comment

• Expianoman
                          • Nov 2023

What I found curious was the comment that two of the remaining three were "Jovian" in the final movement and that the other was preferred was because it was "Jovial".

Comment

• MickyD
                            • Nov 2010

Yes, that was indeed odd.
                            I now have pretty much total HIPP ears, but I would have gone for the Mackerras had it been just modern instruments. He was much influenced, I think, with his
                            association with the OAE. I was lucky enough to get to some of those concerts.
                            Rousset's ears were very sharp in detecting Harnoncourt at once!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

All I need to do is find two hours to listen...not always easy!
                              Well the distance between Calais and the western reaches of France has meant I’ve been able to get three Tribunes under my belt this past few days: Enigma, Tombeau de Couperin & Poulenc Organ Concerto - all very interesting and a suitable accompaniment to bowling along the autoroutes & byways.

It was nice that a performance I actually attended almost won the palm in the Poulenc programme… pipped by 2 votes to 1…
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• MickyD
                                • Nov 2010

Thanks, Nick, didn't realise there had been an edition on the Poulenc, must give it a listen. Similarly I noticed a whole programme devoted to the harpsichord music of Jacques Duphly, one of my favourites. You'd be hard pressed to find two hours of discussion of music by a petit maître on R3 these days!

Comment

Working...
                                X