X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

With thanks to some members for posting to me, I have decided to be back sooner rather than later, as in particular, there are some interesting posts here from Flosshilde, Petrushka etc., that incline me to write something about the challenges of 'arranging'. An art that has been practised over the past few hundred years, by the likes of JSB, Arnold Schoenberg, Respighi. Joachim Raff, etc. If members would like I could start a thread of arranging and the propblems it can beset the arranger!

Back on topic, I put on the DVD of Claudio Abbado's recording of Mahler's symphony, and I have to say, this is surely the best recording ever! Superceding, Abbado's Berlin account.
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
      If members would like I could start a thread of arranging and the propblems it can beset the arranger!

(but please make sure that it's not too technical, or at least there's a mixture of technical & non technical posts for ignoramuses like me )

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post

(but please make sure that it's not too technical, or at least there's a mixture of technical & non technical posts for ignoramuses like me )
        Second the motion

Welcome back, Bbm

Comment

• Mahler's3rd

Welcome Back BBM

Comment

Working...
          X