X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Master Jacques
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    Just a quick note to mention that it's not only a few seconds of ambient that need removing from the end of the 3rd movement, there is also a short section of 'dead air' at the start of the 4th movement which also needs deleting. Audacity will serve to carry out the editing at no cost, bar that of the CD-R to burn to, plus the time, effort and electricty to do the jobs (all pretty minimal).
    Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    By the "latest RCA CD incarnation", do you mean that in the 10 CD boxed set? I have the single disc (with the Gould 2nd) and was similarly annoyed, so I ripped it, closed up the gap, and burned to a CD-R. I'd be interested to know whether the fault has been carried over into the boxed set.
    I was referring to the coupling with the Gould Nielsen 2nd, Bryn, not the boxed set (which I haven't heard - and haven't seen any comments on it which mention the noxious gap, one way or the other!)

The Navigator disc goes so quickly into the last movement that the 3rd movement echo hardly has time to settle, which is exciting if marginally quick!

Comment

• Master Jacques
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
      The version in the 10 disc set has been edited to remove the gap so the third and fourth movements are - almost - seamless. I'm not sure that Bryn's 'dead air' has been entirely eliminated, hence my use of 'almost'.
      Thank you for sorting that out - from the way you describe it, I think they got much grief about the bad editing for the Gould/Nielsen 2 coupling, that either they've gone back to the Navigator mastering or done a new one.

Comment

Working...
      X