X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobP
    • Dec 2020

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post
    Never seen any of the others sadly .I am a great admirer of his music and think his G minor Piano Trio one of the finest examples of a notoriously tricky genre - an absolute masterpiece.
    'a notoriously tricky genre'; Haydn, Beethoven, Schubert, Brahms, Mendelssohn, Dvorak etc?

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by RobP View Post
      'a notoriously tricky genre'; Haydn, Beethoven, Schubert, Brahms, Mendelssohn, Dvorak etc?
      Yes . I think there’s a real blend problem in Brahms and to a lesser extent Beethoven and Mendelssohn for example . The piano writing is sometimes just too thick.

Comment

• RobP
        • Dec 2020

Yes . I think there’s a real blend problem in Brahms and to a lesser extent Beethoven and Mendelssohn for example . The piano writing is sometimes just too thick.
        Not something that's ever worried me, I take that as part of the composers' sound world and any piano trio can be ruined by a macho pianist

Comment

• Barbirollians
          • Nov 2010

Not a view I share. I regard the works of all three as masterpieces albeit I should probably prefer Schubert’s to all of them .

Comment

• Barbirollians
            • Nov 2010

Secondhand copy of the Kosler has arrived today .Look forward to giving it a spin soon.

Comment

Working...
            X