X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
    I thought he was a bit uncharitable about the Salomons, calling them "weedy".
    But what a shame that Antony Pay's AAM Chamber Ensemble was not even mentioned - this was a much-lauded disc when it first came out in the 80s. The couplings are excellent and now it's available for silly low prices on Amazon UK.
    ... the Pay / AAM is also to be found in the BIG Mozart Box* (CD 43 in the chamber boxlet). The Big Box also has Harold Wright / Boston SO players - not, I think, mentioned in this Building a Library...

* https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FW8XWSG

Comment

• verismissimo
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
      ... he did mention it and played an extract; he found it ponderously slow, and the Salomons a bit scrubby.
      His description of the Salomons' playing brought back for me exactly how they sounded live in the 1980s at Blackheath …

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
        I thought he was a bit uncharitable about the Salomons, calling them "weedy".
        But what a shame that Antony Pay's AAM Chamber Ensemble was not even mentioned - this was a much-lauded disc when it first came out in the 80s. The couplings are excellent and now it's available for silly low prices on Amazon UK.

Was it not also in:

I would have been tempted.

Comment

• Mal
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
          ... the Pay / AAM is also to be found in the BIG Mozart Box* (CD 43 in the chamber boxlet). The Big Box also has Harold Wright / Boston SO players - not, I think, mentioned in this Building a Library...
          Never mind the quality feel the width

Comment

Working...
          X