• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by mikealdren View Post
    Yes that's the one.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have an issue with my PC, I saved the image from your message to my PC as a JPG file but I got the 'invalid file' message when I tried to attach it to this message
    When posting images from an Internet URL it is important to until the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.

Comment

• mikealdren
      • Nov 2010

I've just been trying to add jpg images from my PC, I choose a file and when I try to upload it I get message saying: 'www.for3.org says Chung.jpg Invalid file'. I've tried gif files too but no luck

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

I've just been trying to add jpg images from my PC, I choose a file and when I try to upload it I get message saying: 'www.for3.org says Chung.jpg Invalid file'. I've tried gif files too but no luck
        Ah. You need to upload the file to one of the Internet image storing and sharing services. See https://www.tomsguide.com/us/picture...-sites.html#s3 for suggested options. I simply linked to the image at amazon.co.uk.

Also see http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...530#post574530

Comment

• mikealdren
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          Ah. You need to upload the file to one of the Internet image storing and sharing services. See https://www.tomsguide.com/us/picture...-sites.html#s3 for suggested options. I simply linked to the image at amazon.co.uk.

Also see http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...530#post574530
          Ah, I see......

many thanks
          Mike

Comment

• Pulcinella
            Host
            • Feb 2014

I have the 'ADRM' version with the Sonata for Flute, Viola, and Harp and the Ravel Introduction and Allegro and it sounds pretty good, the performance is exceptional.

Sorry I don't seem to be able to upload a cover image, the website seems to think the file is invalid.
            Having seen the cover, I was reminded that I too have this CD (filed under F for Franck!), so must give it a spin.
            Bought for the Ravel primarily, I suspect, though later supplemented by the 1997 Classic Sound (Decca) CD of the original SOL 60048 L'oiseau-lyre Melos Ensemble collection (Ravel, Debussy, Roussel, Ropartz).

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
              Gone fishin'
              • Sep 2011

[Heifetz] played La fille aux cheveux de lin beautifully and Oistrakh was rather good at Clair de lune too.
              Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
              Piano pieces?
              Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              Arraigned for violin & piano.
              Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
              Why?
              Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              No idea - there are many successful arrangements of songs and piano pieces for violin & piano, where the melody is given to the violin, and the piano does the hard stuff - but Debussy's textures and harmonies are not well served by such simplistic distribution. They make the case that these works can't be so treated, I suppose; which gives an insight into what Debussy was doing that was different from the techniques of the composers of such earlier bonbons.
              <ahem> It seems that Debussy's sensitivities weren't as "delicate" in this matter as my own: in 1914, Debussy accompanied Hungarian violinist Arthur Hartmann in a public recital that included a transcription of La fille aux cheveux de lin as well as Minstrels (or, to give that piece its original name, Treets) and one of his songs (but not Clair de lune).

Crumbs - the things he had to do to make money!
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
              X