X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Playing JEGGERS’S 1989 Phillips recording.
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
      I've only heard it live once (Valery Gergiev conducting the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra, with Frederica von Stade and, um, I want to say Thomas Hampson but it was almost 25 years ago so it might well not have been) and somehow don't feel hugely drawn towards listening to it at home
      I've only ever heard the whole work at home - my (so far) only experience of it at a concert was a Prom in c1985, conducted by Elder. One of the few Live concerts that I was so disappointed by that I left at the interval. (Elder's narcissistic, narcoleptic idea of how the Music should go squeezed all the energy out of the work and utterly revolted me.)

I'm expecting a much happier experience when the ON forces get their talons into the work in Leeds in May.

(Hope you change your mind about the work, HighDoug - it really is a belter!)
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

If they really can only devote 45 mins of primetime to BaL some weeks, surely there must be a cheap way for R3 to provide further excerpts and listening online. Can’t believe the reviewers and production would cost much .

Such a shame that the reviewer didn’t have time for some important extra clips that he mentioned this week.

Tempted to buy a second recording to go with the Inbal.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          If they really can only devote 45 mins of primetime to BaL some weeks, surely there must be a cheap way for R3 to provide further excerpts and listening online. Can’t believe the reviewers and production would cost much .

Such a shame that the reviewer didn’t have time for some important extra clips that he mentioned this week.
          - rather than getting rid of the broadcast of the "chosen one" on Essential Classics/Sunday Morning, I wish they'd decided to have five of the best versions broadcast one a day for the week. For an extended work, a different Act (or scene) each day.

Tempted to buy a second recording to go with the Inbal.
          I'd like a third messel' - but which one? Munch? Davis? Hmmmm ..........
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
          X