X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • visualnickmos
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    Arrived today, playing it now. The booklet doesn’t say who the producer is. I assume it’s the pianist’s mum.

But what do you think of the performance? I ask, because I don't know this much-mentioned-on-here, CD... and am a little curious as to "what all the fuss" is about.
    I don't recall it being given a mention on BaL...

Comment

• Beef Oven!
      Ex-member
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post

But what do you think of the performance? I ask, because I don't know this much-mentioned-on-here, CD... and am a little curious as to "what all the fuss" is about.
      I don't recall it being given a mention on BaL...
      I’ve only played it once, not made my mind up. I think it’s the revised version for piano and off-stage cello.

Comment

• visualnickmos
        • Nov 2010

I’ve only played it once, not made my mind up. I think it’s the revised version for piano and off-stage cello.
        Bodes well!

My version (Harrell/Ashkenazy) was dismissed with an "ouch!" but I have found I have Danil Shafran and Yakov Flyer on a Revelation CD, but the sound is - well - err, 1956, à la Russe!

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
          • Apr 2007

Arrived today, playing it now. The booklet doesn’t say who the producer is. I assume it’s the pianist’s mum.
          In that case IIRC, she would also have been the cellist's mother-in-law!
          I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
            In that case IIRC, she would also have been the cellist's mother-in-law!

Had no idea!

Comment

• richardfinegold
              • Sep 2012

Fwiw, I prefer either of Rachmaninov's Piano Trios to the featured work here

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                Ex-member
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
                Fwiw, I prefer either of Rachmaninov's Piano Trios to the featured work here
                Listened to the Copenhagen Trio in the Op.9 Op.posth. the other day - wonderful music.

Comment

• Pianorak
                  • Nov 2010

Can't find "What are you listening to".

Rostropovich/Deyukhin playing the Rachmaninov Cello Sonata. 1958 mono, but expertly remastered (DG)

My current favourite of the four recordings I have. Still hoping Gautier Capuçon/Yuja Wang will record it in my lifetime.
                  My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Working...
                  X