Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

Listened to my top two recordings again tonight but find increasingly that the CBSO/Rattle has pulled away from the Montreal SO/Dutoit in my estimation . The latter probably makes more of the big climaxes but the delicacy and magic of the Rattle is in a class of its own .
    Last edited by Barbirollians; 05-06-24, 00:41.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
      Host
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
      Listened to my top two recordings again tonight but find increasingly that the CBSO/Rattle has pulled away from the Montreal SO/Dutoit in my estimation . The latter probably makes more of the big climaxes but the delicacy and magic of the Rattle is in a class of its own .
      This might sound like a silly question... (and it probably is)
      How do you clear your "palate" between listenings?

A quiet sit in the garden listening to the birds? Put on something quieter, e.g. Goldberg variations.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post

A quiet sit in the garden listening to the birds? Put on something quieter, e.g. Goldberg variations.
        I don’t think a harpsichord recording would be an aural sorbet equivalent - maybe Debussy’s Reverie would work!

Back to the Firebird - I still think Dorati’ s recordings with LSO and RPO are excellent.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
          Host
          • Jun 2018

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          I don’t think a harpsichord recording would be an aural sorbet equivalent - maybe Debussy’s Reverie would work!
          Back to the Firebird - I still think Dorati’ s recordings with LSO and RPO are excellent.
          Other instruments are available. Anyway, what's wrong with the machine that goes ping?

Comment

• oliver sudden
            • Feb 2024

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post

If it’s Firebird, perhaps some Handel or Telemann Water Music?

Comment

Working...
            X