• Mar 2007

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
      ... yes, I can be.

I was thinking more of the text.

Comment

• Conchis
        Banned
        • Jun 2014

The Strauss box was, iirc, advertised on Amazon for the ridiculous price of £11.99. I wouldn't have clicked 'buy' for any higher price, as there was already significant overlap with my existing collection, but things like the Leinsdorf Friedenstag swayed my hand.

I certainly wouldn't have paid over twenty quid for it.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... I got the DG Strauss Complete Opera box from amazon this Feb for some 40 euros. Does this make me a bad person?

No, that seems a fair price, not the superbargain that Amazon advertised, but fair. The positive side to the Menhuin cancellation is that I will not have to find space for it and will not need to dispose of duplicates!
          Last edited by cloughie; 17-09-18, 18:38.

Comment

• MickyD
            • Nov 2010

Hurry, folks, that wonderful 30 CD Sony Telemann box is back on Amazon at around £18 - really great recordings, DHM, Seon etc with vintage artists.

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
              Hurry, folks, that wonderful 30 CD Sony Telemann box is back on Amazon at around £18 - really great recordings, DHM, Seon etc with vintage artists.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Georg-Phili...=telemann+sony
              "Temporarity out of stock", but marketplace suppliers do have it, starting at £57.73.

Comment

• MickyD
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                "Temporarity out of stock", but marketplace suppliers do have it, starting at £57.73.
                So presumably one could try and order it at £18 and see if Amazon would honour it?

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

So presumably one could try and order it at £18 and see if Amazon would honour it?
                  Worth a try, for those who don't already have it.

Comment

• Conchis
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2014

I get the impression Amazon is done honouring 'accidental bargains'. This thread has pretty much skidded to a halt over the last couple of years - a far cry from the glory days of 2010/11.

Comment

• visualnickmos
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Conchis View Post
                      I get the impression Amazon is done honouring 'accidental bargains'. This thread has pretty much skidded to a halt over the last couple of years - a far cry from the glory days of 2010/11.
                      Tell me about it! RVW EMI set of about 30 CDs for 4,99 € for one example - mind you that was not as far back as that.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Conchis View Post
                        This thread is probably essential reading for the Amazon vigilantes! Maybe we need an undercover PM network!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                          • Nov 2010

We did get the Telemann box for 20 Euros at Amazon.de a few months ago.

Comment

• MickyD
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                            We did get the Telemann box for 20 Euros at Amazon.de a few months ago.
                            Yes, I managed to do the same. I am still working my way through it - so many treasures by some of the very best artists, an outstanding bargain.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                              • Nov 2010

Some excellent bargains on warner box sets at Presto including the Philharmonia/Karajan Beethoven symphonies for just £10.70 .

Comment

• Dave2002
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                                This thread is probably essential reading for the Amazon vigilantes! Maybe we need an undercover PM network!
                                I think it depends how greedy bargain hunters are. I suspect that a "bargain" at a £5 ,£10 or even £20 discount is neither here nor there re "honouring", and can be shut off quickly enough if needed. £50 or more is probably more than can be reasonably tolerated.

Comment

Working...
                                X