X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    Interesting. I have several of those Milestones sets which are usually cheap enough, and also with some good/interesting recordings of erstwhile performers e.g. Annie Fischer. Here is Campoli, and very likely there’ll be others listed at the bottom of the page. I also noticed a Modern Jazz Quartet set.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Milestones-...stones+campoli
    I looked for a complete list. The link to intensemedia.com on the back of the box leads to "site under construction". Presto have the classical list. They charge a lot more than others. The only other one I have is that very good Annie Fischer for which I paid £9.55 on Amazon earlier this year.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
      Ex-member
      • Sep 2013

I bought the set over 15 years ago and If it was the only set I had, I'd be ok about it.

A massive bargain for anyone who does not have these works, or for someone who would enjoy a different set.

I've used the first two market place sellers listed below a few times and I have had good service.

AMAZON UK

Comment

• Pulcinella
        Host
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Conchis View Post
        I'd forgotten all about last year's Strauss box debacle. Yes, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the same thing happened here. I think only one of us stick to his guns and got the thing delivered, the rest of us allowed ourselves to be fobbed off. I think if this offer isn't honoured, it's time to get nasty. I don't like buying from Amazon anyway: this will be a real 'deal-breaker'.
        Anyone heard anything about their Menuhin order, or is it indeed another Strauss box debacle?

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
          Anyone heard anything about their Menuhin order, or is it indeed another Strauss box debacle?
          No sign of dispatch.
          It went up in price and then went down to the £34 again last week, but is not now available from Amazon .
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            No sign of dispatch.
            It went up in price and then went down to the £34 again last week, but is not now available from Amazon .
            Have you checked your order list? It has mysteriously disappeared from mine.

Comment

• Pulcinella
              Host
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
              Similarly vanished here.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Now cancelled, and I have had an email to cofirm this.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                  Host
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  Now cancelled, and I have had an email to cofirm this.
                  Snap, saying the price was 'displayed incorrectly', and citing a clause that allows them to do this.

Comment

• Dave2002
                    • Dec 2010

Snap, saying the price was 'displayed incorrectly', and citing a clause that allows them to do this.
                    The text mentions the "correct" price - but who decides that? I don't think this was terribly unreasonable, but in other circumstances it might be.

Comment

• Conchis
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2014

Yep: gone, without explanation.

I think that's me done with the Orwellian and ethically dubious world of Amazon.

Anyone know where else I can purchase kindle downloads from?
                      Last edited by Conchis; 17-09-18, 15:17.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Yes I was delivered the Amazon ‘Black Spot’ today. I thought it had the Richard Strauss Syndrome written all over it and so it does!

Comment

• vinteuil
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          ... I thought it had the Richard Strauss Syndrome written all over it and so it does!

... I got the DG Strauss Complete Opera box from amazon this Feb for some 40 euros. Does this make me a bad person?

Comment

• vinteuil
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Conchis View Post

I think that's me done with the Orwellian and ethnically dubious world of Amazon.
                            .. ethnically dubious as well as ethically dubious? Lor lumme...

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                              .. ethnically dubious as well as ethically dubious? Lor lumme...
                              Predictable?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                                Gone fishin'
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                                ... I got the DG Strauss Complete Opera box from amazon this Feb for some 40 euros. Does this make me a bad person?
                                No - just very lucky.
                                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X