X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
    A big thank you for flagging that up, Dave - I missed it at £17 on the UK site a few weeks ago and have now bagged it. Yes, it's very good, works out at just over £1 a disc, postage included to me here in France. The only downside is the complete lack of notes in the box, but it's more important for me to get such a good selection of works and performances that are missing from my library.
    Likewise thanks to Dave. I could not resist snapping this up (thereby making a nonsense of my vow to curb such big box purchases). It will keep me off the streets for a week or two especially since it seems that, due to poor documentation, time will have to be spent searching for background info and texts.

Re your cost per disc. Shurely shome mishtake - With postage I'm being charged £22.45 by Amazon.de which even by my maths is less than £1 per disc for 30 discs.

Comment

• MickyD
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
      Likewise thanks to Dave. I could not resist snapping this up (thereby making a nonsense of my vow to curb such big box purchases). It will keep me off the streets for a week or two especially since it seems that, due to poor documentation, time will have to be spent searching for background info and texts.

Re your cost per disc. Shurely shome mishtake - With postage I'm being charged £22.45 by Amazon.de which even by my maths is less than £1 per disc for 30 discs.
      Oops yes, sorry gurnemanz - take some comfort in the fact that there is someone whose maths is even worse! For all that, we got a brilliant bargain.

Comment

• hafod
        • Nov 2010

Wagnerites Only

Comment

• hafod
          • Nov 2010

Samson Francois - Chopin - 10cd - EMI - €9.99 - jpc
          Die CD Frederic Chopin: Klavierkonzerte Nr.1 & 2 jetzt probehören und für 10,99 Euro kaufen. Mehr von Frederic Chopin gibt es im Shop.

Comment

• MickyD
            • Nov 2010

The aforementioned Telemann Masterworks box arrived today - it may not have any notes, but it is nicely packaged and if still at the same price, a terrific bargain. It's filled a lot of gaps in my Telemann section, with discs that I missed first time around.

Comment

• verismissimo
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hafod View Post
              This is a reissue of the Gebhardt set from 2004. Essential listening for all who feel the need to know how Wagner was sung shortly after his lifetime. Transfers mostly good. Recordings often primitive.

Comment

• Parry1912
                • Nov 2010

Decca's 'Complete Verdi' (75CDs) on Amazon for £91.99 inc P+P
                Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• Kamisama
                  • Mar 2015

Gilbert's Nielsen set (Symphonies & Concertos) £7.10 on eBay (only one left though, apparently)
                  Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Carl Nielsen - : The Symphonies & Concertos (2015) at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Kamisama View Post
                    Gilbert's Nielsen set (Symphonies & Concertos) £7.10 on eBay (only one left though, apparently)
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carl-Niel...gAAOSw1t9a5jll
                    Many thanks for that. I have just been notified that it has been dispatched. I also ordered the associated box of Nielsen chamber works for £8.31 including p&p.

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                      • Jan 2014

DOWNLOAD ONLY
                      Daily Deal - Super Daily Deal at eclassical (Link on the right of the home page, near the top, a black square box).
                      15CDs' worth of Haydn's Complete Music for Solo Keyboard
                      Download Classical Music in lossless High Resolution FLAC & MP3 formats, and learn about Classical Music. Refund Policy, No DRM protection and pricing is per second.

(BIS) - Brautigam, Ronald - Fortepiano $49.99.
                      Just over 3 hours left to take advantage (sorry - only just checked this).
                      (Personally, the sound of the fortepiano is not for me, but I know others feel differently……).

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
                        DOWNLOAD ONLY
                        Daily Deal - Super Daily Deal at eclassical (Link on the right of the home page, near the top, a black square box).
                        15CDs' worth of Haydn's Complete Music for Solo Keyboard
                        Download Classical Music in lossless High Resolution FLAC & MP3 formats, and learn about Classical Music. Refund Policy, No DRM protection and pricing is per second.

(BIS) - Brautigam, Ronald - Fortepiano $49.99.
                        Just over 3 hours left to take advantage (sorry - only just checked this).
                        (Personally, the sound of the fortepiano is not for me, but I know others feel differently……).
                        Did I not already have the boxed set of CDs (for which I paid considerably less) I might have been tempted. However, the link did not take me to the download anyway. Hopefully this brief offer is for high resolution files.

[Ah. Just found the set by searching on the site. They are only on offer at CD rate or mp3. The CD boxed set can be had, new, via amazon.co.uk for £41.29 including p&p (dispatched from U.K.).]

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Kamisama View Post
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carl-Niel...gAAOSw1t9a5jll
                          Both this boxed set and the Masterworks Vol.2 box (chamber music - SACDs for the string quartets and quintet, but CDs for the other works) arrived today. Total outlay, £15.41 for 6 SACDs and 4 CDs. I already had one of the Gilbert SACDs, so that will need to find a suitable home. Thanks again for the alert.

Comment

• vinteuil
                            • Nov 2010

... in this de Bussy year, a nice 10 CD set of early performances for some £22 -

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... in this de Bussy year, a nice 10 CD set of early performances for some £22 -

I am sorely tempted. All I have from that collection are the Désormière PeM, the Coppola Deux Danses (both in quite acceptable Membran transfers) and Debussy's own recordings included in the big Warner box. One of the customer reviews rates the PeM remastering very highly. However, I am unlikely to be around to take collection of the new box during the estimated Amazon free delivery dates, so it will have to wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X