• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    Good call. Download in progress, and I'm not exactly a particular fan of Herbie.

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      Good call. Download in progress, and I'm not exactly a particular fan of Herbie.
      I'm not a great HvK fan either, but a couple of his recordings of Beethoven 9 are magnificent. Even the digital ones which the critics didn't like so much is good. His Schumann symphonies are also excellent. i have the EMI box already though, and some of hie recordings of Beethoven 9. I wouldn't expect the sound quality of the downloads to beat the CDs in this instance.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Might be worth checking out on market place at £28 ?

ROH Great Perfromances 32 CDs .

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

This Vivaldi set by i Musici is perhaps a good buy from am.it - http://www.amazon.it/Vivaldi-Recordi...valdi+i+musici
          I think there are a few others on offer right now, and usually, even allowing for postage, notionally from Italy, the CDs are cheaper than other am sources.

Of course the style of playing may now be completely out of fashion, and not to everyone's taste. I used to like I Musici's playing a lot, but that was a long while ago.

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            Might be worth checking out on market place at £28 ?

ROH Great Perfromances 32 CDs .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...words=box+sets
            Thanks for the recommendation, ts. Ordered the set on 9th, despatched on 11th by first class mail; delivered this morning 12 April. Total cost,incl post, £27 76p; 32 CD, Opus Arte, set of "Great Performances",worthy of the name, all at Covent Garden, 1955-1997, approx covering my years in London and I'm eager to renew acquaintance with many of them!
            Last edited by Stanley Stewart; 12-04-16, 20:06. Reason: 'First', not 'fist'!

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Hope you enjoy it Stan.

i'm tempted myself, but my buying ban and the large pile of unlistened to opera Cds suggests I should hold off.

Let us know how you get on with the set.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• MickyD
                • Nov 2010

Accent have gathered together all of Barthold Kuijken's French flute music recordings - 11 Cds which can be had for £20:

I would urge any lover of the French baroque to acquire this...beautiful music, beautifully played and recorded.

Comment

• Dave2002
                  • Dec 2010

The Kuijken flute set was down to 6 or 7 copies a few minutes ago. I thought it was worth a punt.

Comment

• MickyD
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                    The Kuijken flute set was down to 6 or 7 copies a few minutes ago. I thought it was worth a punt.
                    I already have five of the discs in it, but I've ordered it anyway...those Accent recordings are sublime and I hope that similar collections from the catalogue are going to follow.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

the new Malcolm Arnold box at just over £15 new.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                        It's not listed in the catalogue on the col legno site, although the individual CDs are still available separately:

https://www.col-legno.com/en/home/
                        Some of the European amazon sites are now showing this as available, some from around £100.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                          Gone fishin'
                          • Sep 2011

Some of the European amazon sites are now showing this as available, some from around £100.

https://www.amazon.fr/20-X-20th-Cent...=amorezon0f-21
                          A fiver a disc isn't at all bad value - and I don't think I have any of the 20 discs. This may well become a Christmas present to myself ...
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                            A fiver a disc isn't at all bad value - and I don't think I have any of the 20 discs. This may well become a Christmas present to myself ...
                            i still can't find evidence of its actual existence, other than as an amazon listing, which isn't the same thing at all.
                            Still, lets hope this is for real, and as you say, at a realistic if not bargain price.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

curiua.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, curiua.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

c'mon Ferney, raid the Xmas fund, you know you want to.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                                Gone fishin'
                                • Sep 2011

http://www.curiua.com/p/20x20th-century/9120031340942

c'mon Ferney, raid the Xmas fund, you know you want to.
                                'owd on! From French Amazon it's over £200 cheaper than Amazon UK???!!!
                                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X