• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pulcinella
    Host
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
    Interesting - I didn't know there was a 'cut' version. Although I love Dvorak's work, for some reason his piano concerto just doesn't do it for me. I can't seem to get it at all.....
    Is that because you've not got all of it?

Comment

• visualnickmos
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
      Is that because you've not got all of it?
      The most likely cause, I'd say. Can you recommend the suitable medicinal recipe?

Comment

• Pulcinella
        Host
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
        The most likely cause, I'd say. Can you recommend the suitable medicinal recipe?
        Not sure that I know it at all!
        I like the violin concerto, though; first introduced to that MANY years ago (pocket score has August 1972 in it, in the days when I wrote my name and when I bought it in my scores) as a college orchestra piece.

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

All the Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra recordings for Sony collected in one big box - 47 CDs for just over £1 a disc...seems like a great bargain, if you are looking for mostly mainstream baroque works.

Comment

• hafod
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
            All the Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra recordings for Sony collected in one big box - 47 CDs for just over £1 a disc...seems like a great bargain, if you are looking for mostly mainstream baroque works.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Various-Comp...oque+orchestra
            I was attracted by this but the duplication issue makes it a non-starter for me even at £40 (delivered) at Base.com.

Comment

• vinteuil
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
              The performance of what there is of the Piano Concerto on that set is indeed good, but it is not the full score but a cut version, as was common re. the work when that recording was made.
              ... I have the Dvořák piano cto with Pierre-Laurent Aimard, Harnoncourt, and the Concertgebouw recorded live in October 2001 - do you think that wd be a full or a cut version?

Last edited by vinteuil; 25-04-15, 18:27.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                I was attracted by this but the duplication issue makes it a non-starter for me even at £40 (delivered) at Base.com.

Fantastic boxed set for anyone who doesn't own m/any of the recordings already, though.
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                  ditto.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                    ... I have the Dvořák piano cto with Pierre-Laurent Aimard, Harnoncourt, and the Concertgebouw recorded live in October 2001 - do you think that wd be a full or a cut version?
                    I have that too, and it's the uncut score.

Comment

• vinteuil
                      • Nov 2010

I have that too, and it's the uncut score.
                      ... many thanks

Comment

• Dave2002
                        • Dec 2010

Radu Lupu solo box set at a reasonable price from am market place sellers - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...ords=Radu+Lupu

Also at am.it most probably at a lower price (in Euros), but you'd have to work out whether the postage would make it more expensive http://www.amazon.it/Radu-Lupu-Compl...ords=Radu+Lupu

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                          Radu Lupu box set at a reasonable price from am market place sellers - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...ords=Radu+Lupu

Also at am.it most probably at a lower price (in Euros), but you'd have to work out whether the postage would make it more expensive.
                          Not so reasonable after import duty ad Royal Mail handling charges are added.

Comment

• Dave2002
                            • Dec 2010

Not so reasonable after import duty ad Royal Mail handling charges are added.
                            Well spotted.

OK - but are all the sellers based outside the EU - at either am.uk or am.it? Warning noted.

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

It's a rather complicated picture. The other European Amazon sites all appear to be more expensive, and there are two options fulfilled by amazon.co.uk, one from Fulfillment Express for £27.63 (without free mp3 option), the other direct from amazon.co.uk for £27.85 replete with mp3 download.

Comment

• Dave2002
                                • Dec 2010

Thanks. Most probably the direct am uk one is the one to go for, then - assuming one admires Lupu sufficiently.

I can't remember ever hearing Lupu - though if I did it would have been in a concerto performance many, many years ago. I missed (just couldn't fit it into my schedule - my ticket was sold IIRC) a recital by Lupu some years ago, which had most people I spoke to saying it was the best piano recital they'd ever heard.

Comment

Working...
                                X