Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

I notice that Selections have the Regis 13 CD box set of Puccini operas at under £10 again - http://www.selections.com/puccini-the-operas-13cds.html £9.99 (plus postage). The similar set of Verdi operas (18 CDs) is £16.99 - http://www.selections.com/verdi-the-...ras-18cds.html

Comment

• hafod
      • Nov 2010

Couple of new boxes avaiable from a marketplace seller rather cheaply (4 of each left at time of posting).

Nielsen: Complete Symphonies; Aladdin Suite; Maskarade (complete opera), Blomstedt etc (Decca Collectors Edition) - 6cds £7.21 + delivery

Rachmaninov: Symphonies; Piano Concertos: Maazel, Vasary etc. (DG Collectors Edition) - 5 cds £6.97 + delivery

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
        I have it on very good authority that the Beethovens will indeed be put into one box, so I'm waiting for then. Meantime I continue to enjoy Brautigam's Haydn and Mozart boxes - some of the most refined and witty playing I have ever heard and the recordings are beautiful to my ears. Even those who don't normally like fortepianos should give them a try.
        A box of SACDs of the Sonatas and some early works is due for release in a weeks or so.

amazon.co.uk ASIN: B00LJ3EUGC

For once, amazon.co.uk appears to have the most competitive price (c. £6.00 per disc).

Comment

• vinteuil
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          A box of SACDs of the Sonatas and some early works is due for release in a weeks or so.

amazon.co.uk ASIN: B00LJ3EUGC

For once, amazon.co.uk appears to have the most competitive price (c. £6.00 per disc).
          ... o you lucky lucky cheapskates!!!

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Not me. I have been getting the individual SACDs as they are released. I have no regrets. I have been able to listen to some of them for up to 10 years. The big surprise to me is that BIS have actually boxed the SACDs, rather than just CD versions, as seems to be the norm for boxed sets. Well done BIS.

Comment

• vinteuil
              • Nov 2010

Not me. I have been getting the individual SACDs as they are released. I have no regrets. I have been able to listen to some of them for up to 10 years.
              ... o. me too! .

Comment

• amateur51

Not me. I have been getting the individual SACDs as they are released. I have no regrets. I have been able to listen to some of them for up to 10 years. The big surprise to me is that BIS have actually boxed the SACDs, rather than just CD versions, as seems to be the norm for boxed sets. Well done BIS.
                I've been waiting for this news for quite a while so it's hats in the air!

I'm assuming that my CD player will play SACDs with no problem - am I right?
                Last edited by Guest; 18-08-14, 20:52.

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Never trust what they say about SACD compatibility (or lack of it) on Amazon sites. I have the individual SACDs and they play perfectly well on CD players. I doubt that anybody makes non-compatible SACDs these days. Click on the back cover image on the amazon site to see the clear statement of CD compatibility to the bottom left of the image.

Comment

• MickyD
                    • Nov 2010

Thank you for this info, Bryn....someone at BIS told me some time ago that the Beethoven discs would be being boxed, and I'm thrilled to think that they are now on their way! Makes me glad I held off buying some other boxes recently...the budget can only stretch so far!

Comment

• MickyD
                      • Nov 2010

PS....I am, however, disappointed to think that the box hasn't also collected the other keyboard works such as the Bagatelles...do you think we will see them in another box at some point?

Comment

• Dave2002
                        • Dec 2010

So far only managed to track this down in Germany. http://www.amazon.de/Sämtliche-Klavi.../dp/B00LJ3EUGC Around 80 euros for the 9 CD set sems to be the best price.

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Search for "Beethoven Brautigam" at Amazon.Co.UK and order the list by release date with most recent at the top. The current price there, with free p&p is £53.29.
                          Last edited by Bryn; 19-08-14, 09:54.

Comment

• Bryn
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            I've been waiting for this news for quite a while so it's hats in the air!

I'm assuming that my CD player will play SACDs with no problem - am I right?
                            Just a thought; if have not already ordered the box, it might be worth considering waiting. In the case of Brautigam's Mozart solo keyboard survey, first came the individual discs, then the boxed sonatas, then the boxed variations, and then, eventually, a combined box of the complete set.

Comment

• Dave2002
                              • Dec 2010

Search for "Beethoven Brautigam" at Amazon.Co.UK and order the list by release date with most recent at the top. The current price there, with free p&p is £53.29.
                              Indeed - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beethoven-In...oven+Brautigam

This is cheaper than the German site I found earlier, so readers should now disregard that one. Might be worth remembering though, in case there's a sudden price hike, which behaviour has happened before.

Comment

• MickyD
                                • Nov 2010

Just a thought; if have not already ordered the box, it might be worth considering waiting. In the case of Brautigam's Mozart solo keyboard survey, first came the individual discs, then the boxed sonatas, then the boxed variations, and then, eventually, a combined box of the complete set.
                                Precisely...maybe it is worth waiting a while, as by my estimation, there are another five discs of the other keyboard works remaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X