Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

I was trying to abstain from big boxes. It's not new of course but when I saw the Harmonia Lumieres bundle available for a mere £14.99 + 1.26 p&p, my clicking finger twitched. Too many goodies in there to resist.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
      I was trying to abstain from big boxes. It's not new of course but when I saw the Harmonia Lumieres bundle available for a mere £14.99 + 1.26 p&p, my clicking finger twitched. Too many goodies in there to resist.
      Oh, lor'! Duly ordered - I think (it's difficult to tell from the information given) that I might already have a couple of the discs - but the Jacobs Figaro would be a bargain at £16.25 - to get all those goodies as well ... astonishing! Many thanks, gurnemanz
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        Oh, lor'! Duly ordered - I think (it's difficult to tell from the information given) that I might already have a couple of the discs - but the Jacobs Figaro would be a bargain at £16.25 - to get all those goodies as well ... astonishing! Many thanks, gurnemanz
        Just an afterthought. I picked this up a few weeks ago at the same price. Its so beautifully presented, (and the music is so good )it would make a lovely (and good value) gift .

Carlsberg don't do box sets, but if they did......
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• hafod
          • Nov 2010

L'Oiseau-Lyre Edition - 50CDs (mainly Hogwood) has come down to £61.11 on Am.Uk.

(These price changes are just bizarre - try the one for the JEG SDG Bach Cantata box; the ASIN is B00ETHPJ1U).

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
            Years ago when I worked in pensions, the regulator pulled us up for not having done proper anti-money laundering checks on a group pension plan. The sponsoring employer was......

Drum roll

The Bank of England.......
            Now where have I heard about group pension plans recently?

The government is expected to unveil plans to allow workers to contribute to Dutch-style collective pensions, which it says could boost income for members.

Comment

• amateur51

An impressive box of delights that I have given as presents to several good friends - and they've all professed themselves chuffed

Cross-posted with teams @ msg # 4473

Nifty new avatar, teams
              Last edited by Guest; 01-06-14, 10:35. Reason: Cross-post and new avatar

Comment

• verismissimo
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                An impressive box of delights that I have given as presents to several good friends - and they've all professed themselves chuffed

Cross-posted with teams @ msg # 4473

Nifty new avatar, teams
                Seconded (although I'm far too mean to share it with friends).

Comment

• amateur51

An almost comparable earlier music bargain from Deutsche Harmonia Mundi ...

Comment

• MickyD
                    • Nov 2010

My spies tell me that the HM box didn't sell at all well upon initial release, hence the glut at crazy prices!

Comment

• Dave2002
                      • Dec 2010

Another DHM bargain - I think - French Baroque Music at under £13 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Baroq...+music+edition

Comment

• Dave2002
                        • Dec 2010

Re msg 4480 - I'm assuming that most of the DHM issues in the French Baroque Music box are not also in the other large boxes mentioned recently, so that there's little duplication. I've not checked.

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

If it's good enough for a Freeman of Spennymoor .....ordered and very quickly arrived ....I have decided for once to go E2E as we say......so Couperin and his harpsichord here I come....

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

I think this liszt box had been on the slide, price wise.

This was the one that was advertised at £11 last year but wasnt actually available.

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• vinteuil
                              • Nov 2010

... while the house is being refurbished and we are camping out in a tiny flat I have had to choose a desert-island selection of CDs to keep me going over the next few months. The harmonia mundi Music of the Enlightenment box (for which I paid GOOD MONEY when it first came out... ) is proving an essential source of sanity and delight...

Comment

• johnb
                                • Mar 2007

Just thought I would mention that the price of the 17 CD EMI box "John Ogdon: Legendary British Virtuoso" Icon box, £23.46, is now at a low point on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                                X