• Oct 2012

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    £15 for 178 CDs
    Got a link?

Comment

• Parry1912
      • Nov 2010

I have had an email confirming my order and an estimated delivery date, but it does not confirm shipment. Maybe we have had the same email, but my Italian is better than yours?
      sì signore!

The e-mail said: Conferma Spedizione - Ti informiamo che il tuo ordine è stato spedito ed è in transito. Da questo momento in poi non è più possibile apportare alcuna modifica. Se desideri restituire un articolo, visualizzare o modificare altri ordini, visita la sezione I miei ordini di Amazon.it.

Google Translate rendered this as: Delivery confirmation - Please note that your order has been shipped and is in transit. From this moment on, you can no longer make any changes. If you wish to return an item, view or edit other orders, please visit My orders Amazon.it.
      Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
        sì signore!

The e-mail said: Conferma Spedizione - Ti informiamo che il tuo ordine è stato spedito ed è in transito. Da questo momento in poi non è più possibile apportare alcuna modifica. Se desideri restituire un articolo, visualizzare o modificare altri ordini, visita la sezione I miei ordini di Amazon.it.

Google Translate rendered this as: Delivery confirmation - Please note that your order has been shipped and is in transit. From this moment on, you can no longer make any changes. If you wish to return an item, view or edit other orders, please visit My orders Amazon.it.
        I got a different email. Your order must be ahead of mine. My email says that the estimated delivery date is between next Monday and Wednesday, but it does not say it is in transit, dispatched etc.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
          ... I think some secondhand copies still available on amazon.com (tho' not amazon.co.uk... ).

Very much looking forward to getting the Hogwood box .
          When they were coming out in individual vols I havered and didn't bite - now I shall find out what I was missing...

But so sad the incompleteness!

The Hogwood box arrived yesterday (delivered to a neighbour in my absence). The all too brief programme notes are by Massimo Rolando Zegma, and the translation into 'English' by Karel Clapshaw is somewhat lacking in quality, e.g. "A composer poorly understand compositions previously approached in the wrong way. Why?"

Whatever, now to start them spinning ...

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Had a recent find at HMV in Inverness - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eugene-Orman.../dp/B00EC0VVZ2

Ormandy Tchaikovsky box, as discussed round here recently, for £9.99.

Some HMV stores still moderately functional, and with a few decent CDs and some reasonable offers and prices.

Comment

• MickyD
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
              The Hogwood box arrived yesterday (delivered to a neighbour in my absence). The all too brief programme notes are by Massimo Rolando Zegma, and the translation into 'English' by Karel Clapshaw is somewhat lacking in quality, e.g. "A composer poorly understand compositions previously approached in the wrong way. Why?"

Whatever, now to start them spinning ...
              Oh Bryn, I'm so sorry to hear that the Hogwood box doesn't include the excellent James Webster notes that came with the originals...that is such a crazy ommission. Anyway, I trust you are enjoying the discs.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                Ex-member
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                sì signore!

Update: I still have had no email confirming dispatch, but on logging into my Italian Amazon account, the item is showing as dispatched with a delivery estimate of Monday (the email they previously sent me said Monday-Wednesday). So things are moving on, but they aren't informing me via email.

Comment

• Roehre

Update: I still have had no email confirming dispatch, but on logging into my Italian Amazon account, the item is showing as dispatched with a delivery estimate of Monday (the email they previously sent me said Monday-Wednesday). So things are moving on, but they aren't informing me via email.
                  The same with my order: "spedito", but no further information sent to me either.

Comment

• vinteuil
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
                    The same with my order: "spedito", but no further information sent to me either.

... oh, I've received the standard amazon e-mail - "Ti informiamo che il tuo ordine è stato spedito ed è in transito. Da questo momento in poi non è più possibile apportare alcuna modifica.... "

Comment

• Roehre

... oh, I've received the standard amazon e-mail - "Ti informiamo che il tuo ordine è stato spedito ed è in transito. Da questo momento in poi non è più possibile apportare alcuna modifica.... "

Lucky you

Edit: Me too
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-04-14, 16:17.

Comment

• MLF

Me too - thank you Hafod! Very excited.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                          Ex-member
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
                          My set arrived this morning! Pretty good service from the Italian Amazons!

Oh the joys of global entrepreneurial capitalism!

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Oh the joys of global entrepreneurial capitalism!
                            Something to stir the imagination!

Comment

• Parry1912
                              • Nov 2010

Ditto! Well done, hafod!
                              Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                                Ex-member
                                • Sep 2013

Once again, well done hafod - cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X