[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post

"I hate you, Fafner"

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
        • Mar 2013

'We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers:

Varney "DER RING DES NIBELUNGEN"
        Estimated arrival date: October 26 2013 - October 26 2013

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.'
        It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Petrushka
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
          'We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers:

Varney "DER RING DES NIBELUNGEN"
          Estimated arrival date: October 26 2013 - October 26 2013

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.'
          Amazon are still advertising this set at £11.99 and it looks to be back in stock again. To those who have ordered this set I'd urge you to be patient and wait because I'm sure it will arrive. I've had no further e-mail from Amazon since the one acknowledging my order (made on Sept 24) and saying delivery estimated to be October 15 - 18. I'll report here when it arrives.
          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
            Amazon are still advertising this set at £11.99 and it looks to be back in stock again. To those who have ordered this set I'd urge you to be patient and wait because I'm sure it will arrive. I've had no further e-mail from Amazon since the one acknowledging my order (made on Sept 24) and saying delivery estimated to be October 15 - 18. I'll report here when it arrives.

Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Good to have you back Thropple.

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Per aspera ad astra.
                Welcome back young man .........I too have been advised by Amazon that I shall be with the Ring soon....

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
                  • Mar 2013

Thanks, ER and AG. May all our Ring Cycles be punctual!

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
                    Quite so. And a relevant part of the Marketplace Participation Agreement of 29/8/13 reads as follows:
                    >
                    6. Amazon's Role Buyers authorize Amazon to act as their limited representative solely to conclude on their behalf sales contracts directly between them and the sellers for sales of goods via the Service. While Amazon helps facilitate transactions that are carried out using the Service, Amazon is neither the buyer nor the seller of the seller's items. Amazon is not an auctioneer. Amazon provides a venue for sellers and buyers to negotiate and complete transactions in accordance with the provisions of this Participation Agreement. Amazon is not the agent of the seller. Accordingly, the contract formed at the completion of a Fixed Price Sale is solely between buyer and seller. Subject to any assignment under clause B.6.3, the enforcement of any contractual obligations arising out of the completion of a transaction using the Service is the responsibility of the buyer and seller that are party to that transaction. Amazon is not obliged to mediate between buyers and sellers or enforce or execute fulfilment of any contract. Because Amazon wants you to have a safer buying experience, Amazon provides the Amazon A-z Guarantee in clause C.1 below, but otherwise buyers and sellers use the Site and the Service at their own risk. Subject to the terms of this Participation Agreement, the seller will resolve any subsequent dispute directly with the buyer, or under the Amazon A-z Guarantee described in clause C.1.7.
                    <
                    Note that the Amazon A-z guarantee is offered as a goodwill gesture only. Full text on Amazon website
                    Curiouser and curiouser. My amazon.co.uk account still shows the Liszt set as having been "Dispatched". Would that be to me, or to the waste bin?

Comment

• gurnemanz
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                      Fingers crossed. I was sure that if it became available again the price would be higher and more in line with what other Amazon shops are charging. 90 Euros at Amazon fr with supplies "en rupture" - sounds painful ..as does the asking price.

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Just had this:

Thank you for contacting Hive

No worries, I have checked with our buying department and they have advised that this is the 56 CD set directed by John Elliot Gardiner. Its contents include the following:

CONTENTS
                        56 audio CDs:
                        28 existing volumes from the SDG Cantatas series
                        + 4 additional CDs previously released by Deutsche Grammophon. Featuring Magdalena Kozena/ Paul Agnew/ Mark Padmore/ Sara Mingardo/ James Gilchrist/ Peter Harvey
                        3rd Sunday after Epiphany (BWV 72/ 73/ 111/ 156)
                        Feast of the Purification of Mary (BWV 83/ 82/ 125/ 200)
                        9th Sunday after Trinity (BWV 94/ 168/ 105)
                        11th Sunday after Trinity (BWV179/ 199/ 113)

+ 1 data CD containing
                        Index of the cantatas by CD and by cantata number
                        Sung texts with English translations
                        Original sleeve notes in English and German (French notes available online)

I hope this helps.

Comment

• soileduk
                          • Nov 2010

Recieved this today concerning the Liszt box fiasco. Any opinions?

Good afternoon,

I am very sorry to see your negative feedback regarding this item,

I can assure you that this order was cancelled due to an error as mentioned in our original email to you, as you can see from our comments section we are a reputable company with years of experience in retail and we like to be honest with our customers.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you,

As this was a genuine error and we notified you a soon as possible would you possibly consider removing this negative comment?

Kind regards

Hana Bishop

Comment

• mathias broucek
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by soileduk View Post
                            Recieved this today concerning the Liszt box fiasco. Any opinions?

Good afternoon,

I am very sorry to see your negative feedback regarding this item,

I can assure you that this order was cancelled due to an error as mentioned in our original email to you, as you can see from our comments section we are a reputable company with years of experience in retail and we like to be honest with our customers.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you,

As this was a genuine error and we notified you a soon as possible would you possibly consider removing this negative comment?

Kind regards

Hana Bishop
                            Me too.

It was a "genuine error", or in simpler English an "error".....

I gave them 2 stars rather than 1 for this reason and my feedback was factual rather than angry.

If it was a small seller for whom a single rating makes a big difference (I'm one myself) then I'd change it. As it is, I don't plan to.

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
                              • Mar 2013

The Krauss Ring listing is now back to s/h sellers only. It was displaying '£11.99 dispatched within 11 days' a few days back. I still have estimated delivery for the 26th. I'll hold on. Perhaps I'll prove David Hume wrong. All the known laws of Amazon physics will suddenly cease to function as normal and work in my favour. Perhaps if I believe enough, miracles can happen.

Comment

• Petrushka
                                • Nov 2010

The Krauss Ring listing is now back to s/h sellers only. It was displaying '£11.99 dispatched within 11 days' a few days back. I still have estimated delivery for the 26th. I'll hold on. Perhaps I'll prove David Hume wrong. All the known laws of Amazon physics will suddenly cease to function as normal and work in my favour. Perhaps if I believe enough, miracles can happen.
                                I've had no further e-mail from Amazon since the acknowledgement of my order and with an estimated delivery date of Oct 15 - 18. Obviously, we are there already and no sign of a further e-mail. I still feel hopeful.
                                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
                                X