Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

harrumph..........not a dickie bird on the Sinopoli so far......drums fingers irritably ......

mind you picked up all 3 Nash ensemble Arnold chamber music Cd's for a bit over a tenner today
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• AmpH
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      harrumph..........not a dickie bird on the Sinopoli so far......drums fingers irritably ......

mind you picked up all 3 Nash ensemble Arnold chamber music Cd's for a bit over a tenner today
      Regarding the Arnold, I presume you mean the 3 Hyperion Helios discs - plenty of excellent listening to look forward to there.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
        Regarding the Arnold, I presume you mean the 3 Hyperion Helios discs - plenty of excellent listening to look forward to there.
        yes indeed. Nice covers too !!
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Petrushka
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          Had notification that my Sinopoli box has been dispatched. ETA: Weds 10th
          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• vinteuil
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
            ... very many thanks to Mr Brouček - amazon tell me they have despatched a set to-me-wards...
            ... and it has arrived!

Comment

• Curalach

Sinopoli box arrived this morning. What a bargain, thanks to MB.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Curalach View Post
                Sinopoli box arrived this morning. What a bargain, thanks to MB.
                Where's mine ?

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

And mine? - but especial thanks to MB. The low offer price quite astonishing.

Comment

• Petrushka
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                    Where's mine ?
                    Have you had no notification of any kind, ER or SS?
                    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                      Have you had no notification of any kind, ER or SS?
                      No.

According to my Amazon page ....

Not yet dispatched
                      Delivery estimate Thursday 11 April 2013 - Wednesday 17 April 2013

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Yes, indeed, Petrushka. The set is wending its way to York, estimated delivery later next week - and the lower price was quoted! "For this relief much thanks".

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                          No.

According to my Amazon page ....

Not yet dispatched
                          Delivery estimate Thursday 11 April 2013 - Wednesday 17 April 2013
                          identical to mine...worse than fergie time and a single goal lead !!

EDIT : I have moved to Dispatching soon !! hurrah !!
                          Last edited by teamsaint; 07-04-13, 14:46.

Comment

• amateur51

Not a CD bargain, but a stonking book bargain .... Elizabeth Wilson's Shostakovich: A Life Remembered available from amazon sellers for £5.16 inc p&p

Last edited by Guest; 08-04-13, 12:13. Reason: price

Comment

• hafod
                              • Nov 2010

Mozart: Violin & Wind Concertos. Decca: 4784271. Buy download online. Henryk Szeryng (violin), Gérard Poulet, Richard Morgan, Norman Jones, Nobuko Imai, Howard Shelley, Stephen Orton, Maria Graf, Irena Grafenauer (flute), Karl Leister (clarinet), Klaus Thunemann (bassoon), Peter Damm (horn), Neil Black, Jack Brymer, Alan Civil, Michael Chapman, Heinz Holliger,...

This 9cd Mozart wind and violin concertos set is available from Amazon UK for £6.07 - presumably another pricing error. The ASIN number is B008CYV02I

Off topic but this my home territory as it were, may I say that I have been saddened by the glee and at best tasteless remarks made by many of the lead contributors to these boards over on Platform 3 following the death of Lady Thatcher. My respect for these individuals whose knowledge and understanding of musical matters I have much appreciated and learnt from, has taken a considerable knock to the extent that I no longer wish to share their company. For the time being I am therefore taking a sabbatical from reading and occasionally contributing to these boards. I hope the unpleasantness is short-lived.

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Searching around, the best deal I've found for the soon to be released , Songs by Britten, Ian Bostridge/Pappano, EMI, is at £9 99,post free, from the grocers. Probably takes a few more days for delivery but the offer is several pounds less than the competitors.

Real joy when the much discussed Schoenberg, Berg & Webern/Sinopoli, 8CD set, arrived this morning, debited at £3 66, post free. Motivated me to go and cut the grass without much ado - and even the sun shone bright!

Comment

Working...
                                X