X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AmpH
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    A set of 8 matching "Second Viennese School" coasters and a presentation box for £3.66...I call that chic and good value !!
    Why didn't I think of that ! I need a new set of coasters for the kitchen table !!

Comment

• Madame Suggia
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
      Why didn't I think of that ! I need a new set of coasters for the kitchen table !!
      Kitchen Table, Thats's the Tchaikovsky edition box set.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
        Ridiculous ! It was overpriced at £ 3-66

Hello,

We're writing to inform you that the price for

'Berg, Schoenberg, Webern - Staatskapelle Dresden, Giuseppe Sinopoli [8 CD]' (Asin: B001HAWUKA)

was displayed incorrectly at the time you placed the above referenced order.

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Pricing and Availability Policy (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...nodeId=1040614), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will cancel the order and notify you of that cancellation.

As a gesture of goodwill we will honour one unit for each order placed at the lower price. All other affected units have now been cancelled. If you still wish to purchase another unit of this item, please place a new order online which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon.
        Ah well, one of the two I ordered should be on its way. I was getting them to give as gifts as I already have the set, for which I paid somewhere between the 'incorrect' and 'correct' prices (closer to the 'incorrect').

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Thanks for posting that Bryn.
          One assumes that the error was with amazon rather than the supplier, since a supplier error would presumably have contained a margin for the amazon anyway.

Edit: It's probably the circles I move in, but you are certainly the first person I have encountered who gives Second Viennese School box sets as gifts !! You have lucky friends and rellies !!
          Last edited by teamsaint; 03-04-13, 20:24. Reason: obsessional tpryo spotting by bored members !
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

lucky fiends

"...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

well after 8 CD's of that stuff......
              Oh don't you just love the trpyo police !!
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
                • Mar 2013

well after 8 CD's of that stuff......
                Oh don't you just love the trpyo police !!
                It's Calibosh's speciality. I was about to do likewise earlier today to one of his posts. In fact, I did so, then redacted said post, feeling it, well, beneath me. :OUF!:
                It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
                  It's Calibosh's speciality. I was about to do likewise earlier today to one of his posts. In fact, I did so, then redacted said post, feeling it, well, beneath me. :OUF!:
                  I'm sure it wasn't beneath you Throppo.In a good way.

Anyway, if you had got me the internet typo correction fluid that I asked for when you were at the shops , there wouldn't have been a problem.....
                  I'll get my own next time, ta.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post

Come on, out with it Sir! What was your amusing remark about before your discreet redaction?

And ts... it's only because you take it so well

After all: Qui aime bien châtie bien!

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Come on, out with it Sir! What was your amusing remark about before your discreet redaction?

And ts... it's only because you take it so well

After all: Qui aime bien châtie bien!

Careful with the franglais, Calipo, I have french ancestors, and several qualifications in the lingo.........you never know who might understand it !!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Careful with the franglais, Calipo, I have french ancestors, and several qualifications in the lingo.........you never know who might understand it !!

You will therefore be aware that it is entirely affectionate

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

Just had an e-mail to say that my Sinopoli box will despatch on April 10-12.

I knew all along that this had to be an error but it was there for a long time before it was corrected. Someone was asleep at the wheel over Easter.

When I looked it had made number 53 in the 100 bestsellers on Amazon - ahead of One Direction. There must have been a huge volume of orders gone through. I suspect Bryn wasn't the only one to order multiple copies.
                          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Parry1912
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                            When I looked it had made number 53 in the 100 bestsellers on Amazon - ahead of One Direction.
                            Are they one of these new-fangled beat music combos that people listen to on the wireless?
                            Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• Dave2002
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                              - and it's very good. Sound's a bit boxy, but I soon got used to it and no clicks, pops or surface noise, and the performances are covetable. Cheaper than a single NAXOS release, too; Forumistas need hesitate neither on artistic grounds, nor on sound quality.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beethoven-Co...86840&sr=301-1
                              I think that most of Kempff's Beethoven recordings are on Spotify. I suppose the cheap mp3s could be useful for in car listening.

Comment

• vinteuil
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
                                8 CD set of 2nd Viennese school from Sinopoli for £3.66

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001...sr=1-8&pi=SL75
                                ... very many thanks to Mr Brouček - amazon tell me they have despatched a set to-me-wards...

Comment

Working...
                                X