Bargains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheapskater

Elgar - Violin Cocerto - Tasmin Little, Chandos - £3.89 delivered.
    http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/1718...rlrefer=search[/QUOTE]

Very good price for a Hybrid SACD. Couldn't they do Elgar 1 and 2 on SACD at this price

Comment

• vinteuil
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Cheapskater View Post
      Elgar - Violin Concerto - Tasmin Little, Chandos - £3.89 delivered.

Very good price for a Hybrid SACD. :
      ... indeed so. Such a shame it had to be Elgar

Comment

• visualnickmos
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
        Hans Schmidt - Isserstedt's Beethoven Symphony cycle with the VPO....
        This is an outstanding set. I'm surprised it has been 'unavailable' for so long. I say this, because I bought the box set (one of those neat card boxes with card sleeves, which are infinitely more user-friendly than the traditional fragile and cumbersome plastic things) some years ago from the shop near Notting Hill Gate tube station for a song, and I had been looking for it for a few years before that! Also has the piano concertos, violin concerto and a few overtures. Go for it if you like it... It is a bargain.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
          This is an outstanding set. I'm surprised it has been 'unavailable' for so long. I say this, because I bought the box set (one of those neat card boxes with card sleeves, which are infinitely more user-friendly than the traditional fragile and cumbersome plastic things) some years ago from the shop near Notting Hill Gate tube station for a song, and I had been looking for it for a few years before that! Also has the piano concertos, violin concerto and a few overtures. Go for it if you like it... It is a bargain.
          It's quite incredible what some asking prices are these days - I bought it at a very reasonable price when first reissued - it is good - but that good?

Comment

• visualnickmos
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            It's quite incredible what some asking prices are these days - I bought it at a very reasonable price when first reissued - it is good - but that good?
            Mon dieu! We were very lucky..... and yes, I think it is 'that good' although if there is a slight lack, (for want of a better word) it is in the piano concertos; a bit inconsistent, I'd say.

Comment

• Thropplenoggin

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...condition=used
              I love how the p&p is £1.26 for an item costing over 600 quid. I'm not sure I'd put my faith in Royal Mail Second Class in that instance.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

For £626, I'd want Beethoven conducting!
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Barbirollians
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  For £626, I'd want Beethoven conducting!
                  And playing the piano !

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                    And playing the piano !
                    Plus a DVD of Beethoven demonstrating a few of his snooker trick shots, frankly

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                      Plus a DVD of Beethoven demonstrating a few of his snooker trick shots, frankly
                      Or at least bagatelles!

Comment

• amateur51

Claudio Arrau Icon box, 12 CDs from Sainsbury's for £17.99 p&p free

Comment

• amateur51

On further inspection, Sainsbury's appear to be the place to go for quite a few of the EMI Icons series - low prices and all include postage & packing

Check the bottom section of the first page of this link plus the next page

Comment

• Cheapskater

RE: On further inspection, Sainsbury's appear to be the place to go for quite a few of the EMI Icons series - low prices and all include postage & packing.

I note they also have Naxos @£3-99 including p & p. I think this is the cheapest around?
                            Last edited by Guest; 15-12-12, 12:42. Reason: error

Comment

• vinteuil
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

Check the bottom section of the first page of this link ]
                              ... aw, you're preventing us from what we really want - Cat Stevens, Kiss, Cher, Barry White....

Comment

• Cheapskater

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                                ... aw, you're preventing us from what we really want - Cat Stevens, Kiss, Cher, Barry White....
                                I have most of the Cat Stevens. Very fine indeed! Try his 'Foreigner Suite'

Comment

Working...
                                X