Bargains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kees

Thanks! I appologize for my English! As I mentioned I'm dutch!

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Kees View Post
      Hi great bargain! Also the Frans Bruggen edition. I'm dutch so I like this one a lot! Normally shipping 2,35 up to 6 products 5,50 seven or more! This weekend no shipping costs for orders over 20 pounds. Its on their homepage.
      I spotted the Frans Bruggen edition a few weeks ago on another site, and it's tempting. However, my "basket" is already groaning with more than 7 products, and I'm trying to decide whether to hit the send button. It won't send me broke, but it may cause other problems! Do I prune the basket back, or just go for it all anyway? I'll decide in the next day or two. If there's no postage charge just now, then I could put in more than one order ... mmmm! Perhaps put in the "must haves" first, then think about the remainder.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

The three from the ArkivMusic Brilliant Classics price slash list I would draw particular attention to are:

and

the latter of which includes the rightly famous Horenstein Mahler 3 originally issued by Unicon Kanchana.

The Bach and Haydn sets are 'no brainers' for those who do not have the majority of recordings the include. It is quite crazy that it costs more to buy just the Fischer Haydn Symphonies than it does to by them accompanied by nearly all the Buchbacher string quartets, the 'piano' sonatas in HIPP performances, all Baryton trios, all the piano trios ... .
        Last edited by Bryn; 22-11-12, 16:23. Reason: typo

Comment

• mathias broucek
          • Nov 2010

Most of my Dutch friends speak better English than I do!

More seriously, please don't apologise!

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Kees do you know if there's anywhere in The Netherlands where van Beinum's 50s Philips recordings can be found I'm thinking Brahms Symphonies and Bruckner 8 and 9!

Comment

• Kees

I will have look and let you know!!

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

I will have look and let you know!!
                Thank you.

Comment

• mathias broucek
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                  https://arkivmusic.eu/music/album/17...ete-Symphonies

the latter of which includes the rightly famous Horenstein Mahler 3 originally issued by Unicon Kanchana.
                  Bryn - you are a wonderful individual!!!!!!

Comment

• Dave2002
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
                    Bryn - you are a wonderful individual!!!!!!
                    Quite, but if I put the Haydn in as well - hadn't spotted that - my basket will be groaning even more. I already have the symphonies, but at that price it could be worth getting the whole box anyway. Fortunately I have the Bach already, and I'm not so sure about the Mahler.

I suppose there are worse things to spend money on!

Comment

• Kees

I have checked several websites. Sorry not available over here. Did you have a look at Arkivmusic.com? Maybe its in their Reissue programm

Comment

• Kees

He Bryn link not working. I go straight to the homepage! I want to order this set ......

Comment

• mathias broucek
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          Kees do you know if there's anywhere in The Netherlands where van Beinum's 50s Philips recordings can be found I'm thinking Brahms Symphonies and Bruckner 8 and 9!
                          Me too! Was there a Brahms cycle for Philips? His Decca 1st is very impressive.

Comment

• Kees

Sorry nothing over here

Comment

• Don Petter

The Brahms Symphonies with the Concertgebouw were Volume 30 (2CDs) in Philips Dutch Masters Series. Now tending to fetch high prices when they appear.

The volume was re-issued in the US on Musical Heritage Society, I believe.

(Symphonies 1 & 4 are in stereo, the others mono).

Comment

• PJPJ
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                                The Brahms Symphonies with the Concertgebouw were Volume 30 (2CDs) in Philips Dutch Masters Series. Now tending to fetch high prices when they appear.

The volume was re-issued in the US on Musical Heritage Society, I believe.

(Symphonies 1 & 4 are in stereo, the others mono).
                                and the recordings of Bruckner 5, 7, 8 and 9, all mono were also issued in a box. Sadly, Kuijper has closed down - they were a very helpful record shop in Amsterdam.

Beinum enthusiasts will be welcoming the forthcoming release of the Matthew Passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X