Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

Also there is much cheaper listing of the GROC mastering elsewhere on Amazon so Flosshilde did not get that much of a bargain I am afraid the cheapest being a used copy at £5.74 including postage.

It is however well worth more than a fiver of anyone's money !

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      WOW! These are superb performances - for less than the price of a single NAXOS CD! <swoonemoticon>
      We KNEW something was wrong:
      there was a Bellini (Callas) 2CD in my mailbox this morning. This is Sainsbury's reply to my complaint:

Thank you for your return request. I am sorry you have received the wrong item. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you.

We work hard to provide excellent service for all our customers. I have checked with our warehouse and this is actually displayed incorrectly on our website. I have passed this on to our webteam who will make the necessary changes. This may result in Le Nozze Di Figaro/Don Giovanni/Cosi (Bbcso, Davis) being removed from the website, but at the minute this hasn't been confirmed.

In the mean time I have set up your return request to issue you a refund, if we set up a replacement you would only received the wrong item again.

If you keep an eye on the website this should be rectified soon to replace your order. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause

Edit:[B][/B]
      and I just received an email that my Roussel symphonies are delayed
      Last edited by Guest; 23-07-12, 12:11.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        and the tracklisting is correct! I await delivery and then we'll see!
        I recall them as 3 separate 3- or 4 LP-sets (mid 1970s) as well as multi-CD-sets within the complete Mozart Edition 1991.
        For this enormous amount of money simply unbeatable.
        I've ordered bt have a minor concern in that the description says EMI.
        But the picture is the correct one: (ex-)Philips

When something looks too good to be true it probably is!

Received through the post - eagerly opened the package exp[ecting to see a cardboard box with Philips on it, no - it was a doble jewel case with EMI, Sainsbury's warehouse had got in a muddle, the EMI on the description was correct - the Mozart operas not on the menu - I received instead Callas, whose voice annoys me, in Bellini I Puritani. I think that it will be returning to their shelves rather than burdening mine.

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

What a pity. It looks as though I will be following the same track, and I actually ordered two copies - one at least to give away as a present. Will have to see what turns up.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
            What a pity. It looks as though I will be following the same track, and I actually ordered two copies - one at least to give away as a present. Will have to see what turns up.
            Maybe your friend likes Callas.

Comment

• Pianorak
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
              We KNEW something was wrong:
              there was a Bellini (Callas) 2CD in my mailbox this morning. . .
              Snap! Received the Callas I Puritani instead of 3 Mozart operas this morning!

Received this email:

Your return request with Sainsbury's Entertainment for the following order item:

#0 "Le Nozze Di Figaro/Don Giovanni/Cosi (Bbcso, Davis)"
              Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; CD; £5.99

from order number 597980 has now been processed.

We are very sorry that you received the wrong item.

Have returned item using the Freepost label sent with the email.
              Fingers crossed second time lucky?

Edit: Just see it's a wholesale Callas clearout! - Not holding my breath I'll eventually get what I ordered.
              My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• amateur51

I've just had an e-mail from Sainsbury's to say that my Mozart/Davis set is on its way so I've sent them a return message to say that I am aware that they are sending out 'I Puritani'' CDs in error and asking that they should check very carefully so that I receive the correct order

We shall see

Comment

• Flosshilde
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                  Seem all to be Region 0, NTSC - if that matters!
                  From Wikipedia -

Informal term meaning "worldwide". Region 0 is not an official setting; discs that bear the region 0 symbol either have no flag set or have regions 1–6 flags set. Region 0 is commonly referred to as "Region Free", especially when talking about DVD and Blu-ray players.

(apologies if someone else has pposted this information)

Comment

• mathias broucek
                    • Nov 2010

Sainbury's = Idiots. They've obviously had a few complaints (email below).

They want me to go to their website, follow "step by step instructions" and and then post it back (at their expense). Very unimpressed.

Dear Mr Broucek

Thank you for shopping with Sainsbury's Entertainment.

I am contacting you regarding your order for Le Nozze Di Figaro/Don Giovanni/Cosi (Bbcso, Davis). We have just discovered an error on our page. Our warehouse has informed us that this title has in fact been deleted by our suppliers and the barcode has been transferred to I Puritani (Serafin, Callas)Vincenzo Bellini which you will be receiving. I am sorry for the mix up that we will not be able to fulfil your ordered as desired.

You can return this item for a full refund by following the step by step instructions on the website siting 'Wrong Item' as the reason for return. This will ensure that you are sent a free-post label to return the item to us.

I'd like to offer you an Evoucher for £2.50 as a gesture of goodwill. The Evoucher code is zcWx9vz52D. Just enter this code the next time you check out online and the amount will be deducted from the cost of your order. I hope this will go some way to make up for the inconvenience caused.

If you need more information, please email or call us on 0800 328 1700 where one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

We've noticed we don't have your mobile number on your account. We'd love to have this so we can send you service texts about your delivery if we need to. You can add your mobile number anytime online by going to www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk and clicking on My Account.

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
                      Sainbury's = Idiots. They've obviously had a few complaints (email below)........

I'd like to offer you an Evoucher for £2.50 as a gesture of goodwill. The Evoucher code is zcWx9vz52D. Just enter this code the next time you check out online and the amount will be deducted from the cost of your order. I hope this will go some way to make up for the inconvenience caused..
                      YOU got an eVoucher, I've got nothing at all.

Comment

• amateur51

I've just had the same e-mail mathias!

As you say, idiots.

Comment

• mathias broucek
                          • Nov 2010

And my reply

Dear Mr McAteer

That’s pretty hopeless, isn’t it? Are your packing staff unable to read perhaps? Surely it’s obvious that a CD set saying “I Puritani on the front is not “Le Nozze Di Figaro/Don Giovanni/Cosi (Bbcso, Davis)”. I keep hearing that educational standards have slipped and that no one listens to classical music these days, but it’s hardly rocket science to be able to put the right CD in the right packet. And it seems that this has happened many times over to many customers with this particular product.

And now you want ME to rectify YOUR error by spending time on your website and then going to the post box? Am very unimpressed.....

I won’t be giving you my mobile number as you request because I don’t trust your organisation to look after it properly!

Comment

• Pianorak
                            • Nov 2010

I too have had that email from Mr/Mrs/Ms Briana (!) McAteer. Anyway, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. £2.50 is £2.50. Now, what am I going to spend all that money on? Decision, decision!
                            My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Whilst I am disappointed that I am not getting my Mozart bargain - I think the Sainsbury's = Idiots comment and the generally going off on one on these boards, is a little over the top. They have made a mistake, put their hands up and as a gesture offered a £2.50 evoucher against your next bargain buy, and let's be honest we generally do not go to Sainsbury's otherwise. What I will say is dont't try to use the sticky return label on your invoice - this is not a freepost label - use the address supplied in your request return email.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
                                YOU got an eVoucher, I've got nothing at all.
                                I suspect you will once you start going through the returning procedure.

Comment

Working...
                                X